Draft Discussion

RedGold

18 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Crazy that that's actually floating around. If we got him I gotta imagine Sammy or somebody is getting traded

I seriously doubt we trade anybody away, unless it was part of the trade up.

Were pretty obsessed with keeping the band together and Watkins/Robinson are on contract years. Ruggs slots in nicely 2021 and beyond 

I doubt trading up would make sense. Combining the 1st & 2nd rounder would take the Chiefs to approx #20, combining the 1st & 3rd to #25.
If trading up makes sense, then probably in the later rounds, as the Chiefs did repeatedly in recent years.

In gneeral - adding the last pick in one round would move the team up to the mid of the round before. 

But with just 5 picks and a lot of one year contracts expiring after this season I think the Chiefs will look at the future and prefer building some developmental depth.

As for my picks:

LB Kenneth Murray seems to be mentioned quite often recently.
I still like CB Trevon Diggs.
OT Isaiah Wilson could be a good pick to reinforce the OL.

The odd ball: any RB

Edited by KC_Guy

I don't expect us to trade up, but who knows. Veach loves trading up. But the only way to do it, to get high enough to get someone like Ruggs would need to include heavy compensation and by heavy i mean most likely Chris Jones. I don't hope so, especially not a trade up for a WR, but we'll see what happens.

We btw. can't trade Sammy Watkins. Remember the no trade clause after he restructured his contract.

Talking about picks, i'm interested to see who the board falls to us and want us to move down. I don't like us to target a WR, also because that might be a bad sign for Hardman and after the season i traded a 2nd round dynasty pick to get him on my team, so i don't want to see us drafting a WR early. :D

I think we're going after a CB: Gladney, Fulton, Johnson or Diggs. I favour the last 2 and i like Arnette as well, after the top 2 guys. If some EDGE or DL player falls to us, go BPA and grab them if we have those players at the top of our board. Take a LB if one of the top guys falls to us and i still like Murray in contrast to some of you guys. Not to much of a fan from Queen. If a great Safety falls to us, we can grab him as well, as i think we could even use a 3rd safety on the field quite often, so i wouldn't mind that either. If we go O-Line unless someone falls to us here as well, i'm fine with Ruiz as well, as i think he's worth that pick and could immediately contribute for us. Overall i wouldn't mind an early pick in the IOL or the OT position, so we can have someone on a cheap contract to protect our shiny QB for the next few years.

I don't want us drafting a RB early. Even if Swift falls to us, i'd rather chose to take one later in the draft. The earliest would be the 3rd round or take the gamble on a guy like AJ Dillion later. Maybe we can trade down and add an additional 3rd round pick to use that 2nd 3rd round pick to grab Akers or whatever RB might fall to the 3rd round. I'm just not a fan of investing an early pick into the RB position.