NFL Draft 2020 Discussion Thread

theJ

Also, I think there’s still a good shot at an Andy trade. Bengals asking price is high, offers are low. What’s the perfect compromise? A trade for a 2021 conditional pick. 

Why would a team consider trading for him when he will likely be released in the next week or 2 without a trade? They won’t have to negotiate against other teams. They have exclusive rights to negotiate an extension or restructure without bidding against other potential suitors. 

While I think the overall odds are more likely he is cut, still a pretty decent shot we can trade him and recoup something from him.

Edited by Carson4MVP

1 hour ago, Carson4MVP said:

Also, I think there’s still a good shot at an Andy trade. Bengals asking price is high, offers are low. What’s the perfect compromise? A trade for a 2021 conditional pick. 

Why would a team consider trading for him when he will likely be released in the next week or 2 without a trade? They won’t have to negotiate against other teams. They have exclusive rights to negotiate an extension or restructure without bidding against other potential suitors. 

While I think the overall odds are more likely he is cut, still a pretty decent shot we can trade him and recoup something from him.

Winston signed with the Saints.  man I hope an AFCE team signs Cam to keep him from the Pats (and the Steelers as well).

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Three draft picks were at the senior bowl. 

Wilson, ADG, and Adeniji.

Burrow passed due to having just played in the championship game.  Higgins as well, but wasn't eligible as a junior.  One would think Bailey would have been invited without the injury.  So I'd say this year it was very important, especially given the limited access teams got. Almost half of the selected players were there.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:45 AM, Beck Bristow said:

Khalid Kareem special at all? I threw him in a few mocks as BPA as I recall

I think he can be very good. Long big hands can dip. Explosive burst. Can bend if he really tries. Most of his paths to the QB are through power moves though. Not sure why he didn’t put up more production but I think there is potential there to be a pretty good all around end. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I think he can be very good. Long big hands can dip. Explosive burst. Can bend if he really tries. Most of his paths to the QB are through power moves though. Not sure why he didn’t put up more production but I think there is potential there to be a pretty good all around end. 

Huh?  That seemed like the weakest part of his game was lack of burst.  Good strength, long arms, good at setting the edge, but he did not show burst off the snap.  His only real pass rush move is a bull rush.  There is potential there, but we shouldn't expect a quick twitch athlete.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Huh?  That seemed like the weakest part of his game was lack of burst.  Good strength, long arms, good at setting the edge, but he did not show burst off the snap.  His only real pass rush move is a bull rush.  There is potential there, but we shouldn't expect a quick twitch athlete.

I watched a a lot of him and I saw an explosive burst. It’s not sustained into longer speed. 

When I watched Kareem after we drafted him, I saw an explosive burst on specific types of plays but then a horrible get off on plays that didn’t require an explosive burst. Almost seems like he takes plays off when he thinks he has no chance of making a play. I don’t get why every write I read about him says he has average burst off the ball when it seems like he picks and chooses when to try off the snap

• Like 1

I was looking at the size of our WRs after adding 6’4 Higgins and damn we have a lot of size. Not a lot of speed tho. The only one in the building that really runs faster than a 4.5 is Ross. I was watching some Scotty Washington highlights and he looks like he has all the talent in the world but also looks inexperienced. Idk his background so idk how long he’s played.

Auden Tate 6’5  230  4.68

Tee Higgins 6’4  215  4.54

AJ Green 6’4  210  4.48

Tyler Boyd 6’1  200  4.58

John Ross 5’11  190  4.22

Scotty Washington 6’5  225  4.52

Damion Willis 6’3  205  4.56

DeMarkus Lodge 6’2  195  4.55

Trenton Irwin 6’1  200  4.54

Mike Thomas 6’1  190  4.53

Stanley Morgan 6’0  205  4.53

Alex Erickson 6’0  200  4.52

Edited by BengalsBite
Added 40 times

Assuming we keep 7 WR, which I think we will with the expanded rosters in the new CBA, the last 2 spots (1 spot really because i'd be surprised if Alex Erickson doesn't make it) is going to come down to special teams.

EDIT: Expanded rosters don't take place until next season, so I think Erickson will be the 6th and final WR with another 1-2 making the practice squad.

Edited by THE DUKE