2020 Draft | Eagles select: Jalen Reagor (#21 ovr)

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I can see both sides. I think our guys really really like Hamler. Whether the Reagor selection affects that remains to be seen.

True, seem to have followed him a lot. Plus you have Miles in building able to answer question on him and advocating for him.

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

12th in defensive DVOA last year and got way better with Slay and Hargrave. I strongly disagree with your post.

We aren't going to be 12th in DVOA this coming year with a darius slay and absolutely nothing else in our back 7. 

Edited by ninjapirate

47 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

you guys know we suck at corner, safety, and linebacker too right?

True. The only two WRs I'd be looking at with 53 are Shenault because of reasons mentioned by Pete, or Mims but I can't see him being available. There will be someone good to take at 53, definitely shouldn't look to trade up.

29 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

We aren't going to be 12th in DVOA this coming year with a darius slay and absolutely nothing else in our back 7. 

So we're playing with 8 guys on defense? Yeah that'll be really bad honestly. I forgot we had a sterling example of talent back there last year.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

So we're playing with 8 guys on defense? Yeah that'll be really bad honestly. I forgot we had a sterling example of talent back there last year.

typically when you release your best linebacker and safety you try and replace them in the draft.

28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I will also give you slot corner because we have that covered too.

But still that's a starting corner, all starting linebacker and all starting safeties that we need. 

I'm a big believer in Maddox so we differ there. I'm curious to see Jones get one more go at it. Maybe he turned a corner after training with that elite camp in Texas. I don't value LB super high but I do think Gerry gives them a good cover guy who does struggle with tackling at times, but he's not some major huge liability there. TJ Edwards really shined in run defense imo, and I'm anxious to see him in a larger role. As for safety, I like McLeod being that FS glue back there, and I think Mills/Parks will shine in that SS role.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I agree I want to draft a LB and a safety, I just don't think we suck there like you do. That's what I'm arguing.

oh well i am very meh on all the safety and linebacker options. I dont think any linebacker left in the draft offers much excitement in terms of impact but will be better than gerry at least. Could still get a safety here in round 2 that upgrades that group.