1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, Swampbilly said:

I do get that, it's a fair point, but if Love doesn't beat out Rodgers prior to 2023 ( which I dont see him doing ) then he will have 2 years max remaining on his Rookie Wage Salary when he becomes the starter.  Pack shouldn't have drafted a QB for at least 2 more years which would still give the player plenty of time to develop before taking over for Rodgers. 

My stance is similar here because you don't take a guy in the first you think is your QBOTF to have him sit for three years anymore. 

Ergo, it's only a matter of time before Rodgers will be traded. This won't be a situation like New England where the incumbent QB steps up his play and outplays the draft pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

and this is where the pro-Love guys won't take off the green-n-gold glasses to review my stance. I never said he didn't have any tools and have been consistent with that stance even before we drafted him. Unlike some, I haven't switched my stance, nor have I adjusted it. Sorry if that doesn't fit the pre-conceived narrative...

You said something along the lines of, "he literally has a good arm and that's it." In this very thread. 

So no, you didn't give him a whole lot of credit. 

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

And neither was their tape.

obviously, which is why the supporting cast consideration is valid.  not sure what is controversial about acknowledging that a guy who plays on an all-star squad is going to have an easier time putting good tape out there versus a guy who didn't.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

You said something along the lines of, "he literally has a good arm and that's it." In this very thread. 

So no, you didn't give him a whole lot of credit. 

Pretty different than saying he didn't have anything, which was my entire point.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And when I saw that I admitted I was wrong because I have that capability unlike you and a few others, what’s your point now?

That would be an assumption on your part with no basis. I'm glad you owned up to it.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

and this is where the pro-Love guys won't take off the green-n-gold glasses to review my stance. I never said he didn't have any tools and have been consistent with that stance even before we drafted him. Unlike some, I haven't switched my stance, nor have I adjusted it. Sorry if that doesn't fit the pre-conceived narrative...

I think Love can be an exciting franchise QB with a couple years of development.  I also think there was no need to trade up 4 spots to draft him nor a need to draft him at all in 2020.  Time will tell but a big mistake IMO.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

A highly rated MLB at pick 30 might not be so bad though. 

Using your top pick to draft a QB (and trading up to do so) while already having a HOF talent at QB who won't be retiring for another 4 years while also making the nfccg the year before probably isn't the best use of resources.

You’re right, the packers really regretted drafting Aaron Rodgers in 2005.

1 minute ago, snackattack said:

obviously, which is why the supporting cast consideration is valid.  not sure what is controversial about acknowledging that a guy who plays on an all-star squad is going to have an easier time putting good tape out there versus a guy who didn't.

No, not really. I have not once dinged Love for his supporting cast. You and others are the ones who keep bringing it up. My issues are with Love consistently being late and off-target regardless of who he is throwing at. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swampbilly said:

I think Love can be an exciting franchise QB with a couple years of development.  I also think there was no need to trade up 4 spots to draft him nor a need to draft him at all in 2020.  Time will tell but a big mistake IMO.

Except MLF really liked the guy and knew that we would have to trade up in order to pick before Indy. It was a pre-emptive strike and we caught a really good GM in Chris Ballard off-guard and got the guy we wanted.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

No, not really. I have not once dinged Love for his supporting cast. You and others are the ones who keep bringing it up. My issues are with Love consistently being late and off-target regardless of who he is throwing at. 

admit i haven't read all of your posts, but i've watched several games and am not seeing someone "consistently off-target".  being "consistently late" requires a deeper analysis of the play design, which i'm too lazy to do.  its easier to analyze being "off-target", and i'm not seeing that consistently from him.  he definitely misses some throws, but he drops way more dimes than duds from what i've watched.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I think now's the time for us to understand that we're arguing with people who are not listening to reason and are not thinking critically. Best we bookmark a few of these arguments, along with Golfman's poll in which the overwhelming majority of posters said they would not pick Love under any circumstance and save these things for later when Love has issues as the starter.

Also, we should be debating Rodgers' trade value at this point because it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN Rodgers will be traded.

• Like 1

Just now, Joe said:

Pretty different than saying he didn't have anything, which was my entire point.

This is pointless, you've given him next to no credit, whenever you're asked to back something up, you post a scouting report.

What in the Michigan State game doesn't scream, "raw QB with high level arm traits, has quick release, navigates pocket well, escapes pressure, throws a beautiful ball on the run, can throw from various platforms, with various arm slots to avoid pressure and fit balls into windows, tremendous ability to determine velocity of throws, throws a beautiful touch pass for receivers to run under and carries over defenders, hits NFL throws on all 3 levels, plus arm strength, little choppy through progressions, tendency to read and throw vertical more than the coverage would tell him to, doesn't move zone defenders with his eyes yet, trusts arm over his brain at times."

There's pros and cons, but you're watching a 19 year old QB from a school that should've got it's *** kicked on the road by the #11 team in the country make NFL level throws and have his team up 1 with 2:00 on the clock. That's top 10 pick in the draft tape, especially at QB. You need to eval some more QB's if you don't think so because you're overly critical. 

2019 is not as pretty as I've said, but there's still elite tape for sure. He just loses his mental sharpness and tries to play hero ball. 

Just now, snackattack said:

admit i haven't read all of your posts, but i've watched several games and am not seeing someone "consistently off-target".  being "consistently late" requires a deeper analysis of the play design, which i'm too lazy to do.  its easier to analyze being "off-target", and i'm not seeing that consistently from him.  he definitely misses some throws, but he drops way more dimes than duds from what i've watched.

I've seen the opposite. His 'wow' plays don't make up for the routine misses or late reads that he gets away with in college because his arm is strong. Look, I want the guy to succeed now that he is in Green Bay but I'm not going to change my mind on him sucking because he's on my team. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Based on what I've watched, I think he's a terrible QB prospect.