1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

23 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

That's where we disagree.  I don't think you can.

There’s plenty of threads around here detailing Rodgers’ level of play this year. The defense and Aaron Jones inside the red zone carried us last year.

15 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

No, not really. I have not once dinged Love for his supporting cast. You and others are the ones who keep bringing it up. My issues are with Love consistently being late and off-target regardless of who he is throwing at

This is what I see.....a lot.  It can be worked out of him, but by time it is you will have to pay him more than what Rodgers makes now.  That's just not the kind of player you should move up in round 1 for IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I don't mind the trade up, because of the same reason. But I am still dumbfounded that we went for a QB this year. I also understand that the Packers management is thinking long-term but when you have a franchise QB who still has atleast 1-2 more good years, it may not be that bad to be short-sighted and load up short term.

It is a bigger risk to bet on Love to contribute in the future than to invest into a WR right now and help Rodgers out. Just how I feel about this anyway. We could have had Burrow fall this far and I would feel the same way.

I think we've flip-flopped on wanting to go all-in now vs. invest in the future. 

The Gary pick aside last year, we were all-in. However, the Jordan Love pick screams rebuild. 

I'll reiterate what I said before: it's not a matter of IF we deal Rodgers, it's a matter of WHEN...

Ok, so it's obvious that teams with a good QB seem to do well. Now we have two good QBs. You do the math. We're ahead of the curve. The NFL is evolving, in a few years when they have two balls in play we'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

I for one am ready to play with two balls.

9 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I don't mind the trade up, because of the same reason. But I am still dumbfounded that we went for a QB this year. I also understand that the Packers management is thinking long-term but when you have a franchise QB who still has atleast 1-2 more good years, it may not be that bad to be short-sighted and load up short term.

It is a bigger risk to bet on Love to contribute in the future than to invest into a WR right now and help Rodgers out. Just how I feel about this anyway. We could have had Burrow fall this far and I would feel the same way.

I understand.  It’s a hard needle to thread, balancing the future and the present.  But I suspect Gutekunst looked at the board, had 5/6 WR’s all ranked similarly, thinks one will fall to 62, and said “screw it, this QB could be elite and set us up for a decade” and just pulled the trigger.  

It’s rare when top 5/10 talent falls to you late in the first- and I think that’s what MLF and Gute think they have here.  Not saying I agree or disagree with the evaluation.  But to me, that thought process makes sense.

Edited by Cpdaly23

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think we've flip-flopped on wanting to go all-in now vs. invest in the future. 

The Gary pick aside last year, we were all-in. However, the Jordan Love pick screams rebuild. 

I'll reiterate what I said before: it's not a matter of IF we deal Rodgers, it's a matter of WHEN...

I am curious why you think the Gary pick was an all in move?  He seemed to me to be a long term move since he was so raw as a player, especially since he was changing roles.

I am clearly not a draft expert, so I could be totally off on this one.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

And I am actually totally fine with that. I try my best to not attached to the players on my teams. This is a business in the end and players are bound to move on. If we are going to rebuild lets do it while we can still get some value for Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Except, Brissett's contract expires after this year...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/jacoby-brissett-19045

I knew that....I was just testing you....good job, you passed.  LOL!!!  But seriously, if Indy wants to jump on the Jordan Love grenade when they have other needs, they can blow themselves up.  Personally if I'm looking for a developmental QB that can maybe step in for an injured starter and win a game or two before taking over in 3-4 years I would look at Hurts and he obviously wouldnt cost a first round pick.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Why exactly do you guys keep saying we were "all in" last year?  Does getting free agents at positions of need mean you are going all in?  I don't think so.  We didn't trade any roster assets or draft capital, nor did we mortgage the future as all the contracts are pretty standard stuff.

Improving your team in FA isn't "going all in" it's just trying to be competitive.  None of that is going to drastically impact our long term goals, nor does a single Love pick drastically impact our short term goals.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am curious why you think the Gary pick was an all in move?  He seemed to me to be a long term move since he was so raw as a player, especially since he was changing roles.

I am clearly not a draft expert, so I could be totally off on this one.

What he said was that outside of the Gary pick, we were all-in .. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, green 01 said:

Ok, so it's obvious that teams with a good QB seem to do well. Now we have two good QBs. You do the math. We're ahead of the curve. The NFL is evolving, in a few years when they have two balls in play we'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

I for one am ready to play with two balls.

I know a guy that can help you out with that...

No seriously, my co-worker just broke up with his boyfriend.

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

What he said was that outside of the Gary pick, we were all-in .. :)

Beat me to it and thanks for clarifying.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am curious to see if this thread can get to 500 pages before Love touches a football in Green Bay.

Oh it will. As divided as we are on the pick...

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

The "Love-fest" thread is rockin!

Speaking of Love Fist, I fired up my old PS2 from college and played GTA Vice City the other day lol.

When it's all said and done, I think Aaron Rodgers personality has just rubbed team management and executives the wrong way in the last few years.  His performance has been excellent, his salary hasn't been horrible given his performance....what else could it be?

• Like 1