The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

So you’re still saying Tua is elite, Carr is worth a 2nd rounder on the open market and JM, Ziegler have no clue what they’re doing? Hahaha unbelievable. 

Did I say any of that in the post I just made? What in the world. You literally didn’t even acknowledge my point, or dispute it. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

“All along the way I was like ‘how do we keep my teammates?’” Carr said of his contract negotiations. “That’s what I kept telling [my agent]. I was like . . . ‘Is this good for Gabe [Jackson]? Is this good for Khalil [Mack]? Is this good for Amari [Cooper]? . . these are things that I said to him numerous amounts of times. I didn’t want to hurt our team.”
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/6/23/15864748/derek-carr-told-his-agent-to-structure-his-deal-so-raiders-could-re-sign-other-top-players

Carr was told they would still have room for Mack. I honestly think Gruden wanted AB more. Not sure you can put that on Carr.

Again, I am just going off what he has said. He said he wanted to keep Cooper Gabe and Mack together, exactly the point you are saying right now. 

Unfortunately Carr is the QB, not the GM.
It is not up too him. 

You blaming him for Mack, again I think is your opinion of him as a QB tainting your view on him overall

You really believe carr said I'll take a discount and raiders said naw we got enough space to make you highest paid qb and keep everybody. Here is the highest paid contract. Come on now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

You really believe carr said I'll take a discount and raiders said naw we got enough space to make you highest paid qb and keep everybody. Here is the highest paid contract. Come on now. 

There is no way Carr genuinely believed that, even if the Raiders told him it. He’s not a moron. People on this forum will believe anything they hear. Just because a player says it doesn’t make it true. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

There is no way Carr genuinely believed that, even if the Raiders told him it. He’s not a moron. People on this forum will believe anything they hear. Just because a player says it doesn’t make it true. 

There is no way raiders told him that. I'm sure Carr agent probably told him that. The Raiders surely didn't tell his agent that. That doesn't make any sense. I don't care what business it is. If an employee say I'll take a discount in salary or wage aint no business bout to say naw we got plenty of money I'll make you the highest paid employee ever. I don't believe raiders Saud that for a minute. 

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You do realize the Top Two Edge Rushers Watt and Bosa make 28 and 27M a year respectively right? The next EDGE player to get paid will get paid 29-30M per season. The next EDGE player to get paid is Crosby as he’s entering his final year. His payday will likely be 29 or 30. And Crosby is in the same class as Watt, Bosa, etc. He led the NFL in pressures, and was Top 5 last year if I remember correctly. 

Saying Carr deserves 40M is way more absurd than saying Crosby deserves 30M. Carr is no where close to the level of Mahomes and Allen. While Crosby is right there with the Top EDGE Rushers. 

You think Crosby is as good as Watt and Bosa?? I mean, he had a great season but let's stop and take a breath here lol. And just bc his payday *may* be that doesn't mean he's worth it. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You think Crosby is as good as Watt and Bosa?? I mean, he had a great season but let's stop and take a breath here lol. And just bc his payday will be that doesn't mean he's worth it. 

Crosby completely dominated games and led the NFL in pressures. He is a better football player than Carr. Let me guess, you literally think Carr is better than Crosby? No one outside this god damn Raider forum would ever agree with that opinion. Why? Because it’s absolutely absurd. But keep living in a broken reality where you keep thinking Carr is WAYYYY better than he actually is. 

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is no chance in hell the Raiders wrap 95-100M in cap space in 3 players. If Carr is advocating for Adams, he must  not give a flying **** is Crosby stays or not. 

You’re reaching on a new level. I don’t see how wanting good players means you don’t want other players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You’re reaching on a new level. I don’t see how wanting good players means you don’t want other players. 

It’s very simple logic and Carr is not dumb. We are not wrapping 3 players up in 100M total per year. If we sign Adams, Carr knows Crosby is not staying past this year. Literally, common sense. Reaching….? It’s the complete opposite. If you think Carr thinks we can have all three, you and him both must be the most naive human beings to ever exist. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Think about it which of our drafted players did we give a 2nd contract to. Iirc

-carr

-gabe

-kolt

am i missing anyone 

woodson?

Naw it was a legit question about us a retaining draft talent. That’s why I included Woodson who wasn’t even here with carr. Didn’t we just franchise Woodson a few times.

Just curious about our history of 2nd contracts to players we draft.

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Reading comprehension jtagg lol I said

“Undeniably doing 30-40 mill worth of work to help us win” yes I stand by that statement 

Well your statement doesn't make much sense so if it's wrongly interpreted, that should be a result of a variety of factors. Nothing says Maxx is worth 30 million a year, let alone 40 no matter how you try to spin it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Crosby completely dominated games and led the NFL in pressures. He is a better football player than Carr. Let me guess, you literally think Carr is better than Crosby? No one outside this god damn Raider forum would ever agree with that opinion. Why? Because it’s absolutely absurd. But keep living in a broken reality where you keep thinking Carr is WAYYYY better than he actually is. 

But Carr's position is more important than Crosby's. I also never said Carr is better than Crosby at their respective positions but he is better than Love and Tua. 

I like how you just ran with your theory as if it was true when I've never suggested it lol. So dumb. Another example of putting words in people's mouths lol.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s very simple logic and Carr is not dumb. We are not wrapping 3 players up in 100M total per year. If we sign Adams, Carr knows Crosby is not staying past this year. Literally, common sense. Reaching….? It’s the complete opposite. If you think Carr thinks we can have all three, you and him both must be the most naive human beings to ever exist. 

Crosby is getting 100+ on his deal. Watt just got 112 and 80 guaranteed. I think Crosby is a top 5 end, especially if he has another season like this past one. Only going into his forth season, we better not mess around with any other deals until Maxx is locked up

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

No I think Carr said, I want to make sure the team will still be able to afford Mack Gabe and Cooper,
and the team said, yes we will be able to make it work. 

KC has 6 people on average that would make 20mil a season. 
Why is it so crazy that we wouldve been able to afford 4. If we wanted. 

You really believe KC can just pay people whatever, and the Raiders cannot?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

No I think Carr said, I want to make sure the team will still be able to afford Mack Gabe and Cooper,
and the team said, yes we will be able to make it work. 

KC has 6 people on average that would make 20mil a season. 
Why is it so crazy that we wouldve been able to afford 4. If we wanted. 

You really believe KC can just pay people whatever, and the Raiders cannot?

You not getting the point. If carr said I'll take a discount there is no reason not to pay him at a discount rate. No matter if raiders can afford all those players or not. Why would any good business or team say no need to take a discount instead we will make it harder on ourselves to make it work. There is no logic behind that. Your just taking carr at his word but the logic behind it don't make sense. 

And kc can pay who they want cause they have a qb and coach who don't need a loaded roster to win. They can pay 7 or 8  players great and fill the rest of roster with cheap guys or draft picks and still be competitive and win. Raiders haven't had that luxury.