The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The fact he didn't get a better job than he initially already had with us suggests he was mediocre. You can certainly have your own opinion though but the facts don't really support it. 

Most times the team being devalued is absolutely warranted. '16 and '17 are really the only ones that weren't and last year was the only year he's ever had a defense to help. 

In fairness to Bisaccia what is a promotion for a special teams coordinator?  It is either he is the coordinator or head coach.  It not like he can just move into a d-coordinator role.  The resume is not going to be impressive but the head coach has to be a leader and does not need to specialize in any thing.  That is what I do not understand about people complaining about guys like Bieniemy not getting a head coaching job.  You can be the greatest o-coordinator of all time and it does not matter if you can not be a leader of the team and staff.  Someone like Ken Norton Jr is complete trash as a DC but he might be a really good head coach.

56 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

In fairness to Bisaccia what is a promotion for a special teams coordinator?  It is either he is the coordinator or head coach.  It not like he can just move into a d-coordinator role.  The resume is not going to be impressive but the head coach has to be a leader and does not need to specialize in any thing.  That is what I do not understand about people complaining about guys like Bieniemy not getting a head coaching job.  You can be the greatest o-coordinator of all time and it does not matter if you can not be a leader of the team and staff.  Someone like Ken Norton Jr is complete trash as a DC but he might be a really good head coach.

Beinemy has a ton of baggage and I'm certain that has played a role in him not getting a HC position. Rich wasn't even on anyone's radar for a HC so while your point is valid that there's really nothing else for him, he simply wasn't even looked at as a viable HC option. I'm not trying to knock the guy, just keeping it real

40 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Beinemy has a ton of baggage and I'm certain that has played a role in him not getting a HC position. Rich wasn't even on anyone's radar for a HC so while your point is valid that there's really nothing else for him, he simply wasn't even looked at as a viable HC option. I'm not trying to knock the guy, just keeping it real

I am not saying he is or is not.  I do not know enough about him to know if he is a leader.  My only argument is using he got a special teams coordinator job as a sign he was not a good coaching candidate.  There are plenty of people that could be good coaches that do not get jobs as HC every year and he has no other option except special teams.  He could possibly go to the college ranks to get a HC job.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:36 AM, BayRaider said:

Big difference between “dip” and “fall off a cliff”. We were a Bottom 5 Offense the second half of the year no question. Carr gets love for completing some clutch passes, but was horrible most of the second half of the season. As he has been three years in a row. You think any elite QB’s would have a Bottom 5 Offense regardless of cast? Lol. 

He’s not wrong. Our final four games we got wins with defense and luck. The luck being two of those teams had tons of people out due to covid. 

But, my point is there are reasons for that which none of you can deny. Even though you try.

Defense definitely got lucky facing backups week after week. Stop giving them credit for that. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, true2form said:

But, my point is there are reasons for that which none of you can deny. Even though you try.

Defense definitely got lucky facing backups week after week. Stop giving them credit for that. 

Not even worth trying to talk to him about it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If Trev is taking snaps under center longer than one game, your team is in trouble

Yea but thats 95% of backups lol. The NFL is not designed for your quarterback to get hurt. That's why they made up that new Sack rule where you can't land on the quarterback

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yea but thats 95% of backups lol. The NFL is not designed for your quarterback to get hurt. That's why they made up that new Sack rule where you can't land on the quarterback

Or go low. Or high. Or be in the general vicinity. Or......lol

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

100%. I want to see a big time year this year. We have stability and weapons. I want to see a lot of 30+ games.

Adams should boost his confidence some but his biggest issue will not be his WRs.  All these years and he has not produced in the red zone shows he does not trust himself and is scared of interceptions.  Until he gets a little more gunslinger to his game he will not push his limits.  He reminds me of Maverick after Goose died when we are in the red zone.  The problem is between his ears and people like to make excuses that it is the receivers.  Give Rodgers a bunch of scrubs and he is still going to take his shots because you have to.  You can not settle for FGs all the time.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Adams should boost his confidence some but his biggest issue will not be his WRs.  All these years and he has not produced in the red zone shows he does not trust himself and is scared of interceptions.  Until he gets a little more gunslinger to his game he will not push his limits.  He reminds me of Maverick after Goose died when we are in the red zone.  The problem is between his ears and people like to make excuses that it is the receivers.  Give Rodgers a bunch of scrubs and he is still going to take his shots because you have to.  You can not settle for FGs all the time.

Needs a confidence boost in Year 9? When do you close the chapter on the player that he is what he is

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I've always liked him. Should be very cost effective to as he's not a brand name back up(if you know what I mean by that)

Yeah.  It's "I can't believe it's not Marcus Mariota" the "equate" version. 

• Like 1