The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s always easy to say I’ll take less if you get me the guys I want.. until it’s time to take less. 

Stafford getting $40M APY and Cousins getting $35m APY didn't help the take less argument. Although I think a 4 yr/$140M is fair for both sides.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’d be much happier if he takes 35 but we up the guaranteed $. We got him Adams. It’s time for him to put winning first.

$35M would still make him the 7th highest paid QB in the NFL. Just give him a Kirk Cousins type of deal, add 2 yr/$70M fully guaranteed to his current deal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I hope he doesn't take that much. That and Adams contract means either Waller or Renfrow walks. We need cap space to keep some of these guys around.

The writing kind of seems to be on the wall with Waller, imo. I haven't heard anything about an extension for him.

ETA: I didn't realize that we still have Waller under contract for 2 more seasons. I'd still look to give him a pay raise with an additional year added.

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

..... Doesn't that give him a "good" checkmark? People tend to not start QBs who are bad at their job, right?

He’s not bad. Just like Cousins and Bledsoe he’s good just not good enough to take a team over the hump. QB purgatory. Most fans have been blaming the team and coaches expecting him to grow beyond what he has seen over 8 seasons. At this point he is what he is

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The writing kind of seems to be on the wall with Waller, imo. I haven't heard anything about an extension for him.

ETA: I didn't realize that we still have Waller under contract for 2 more seasons. I'd still look to give him a pay raise with an additional year added.

I believe we lose 2/3 Jacobs Waller and Refrow. The reality of it, is we have a 2 huge contracts locked into DEs. Miller locked into big contract with LT and Adams at WR. Resigning Carr will mean extensions with a slot WR and TE probably won’t happen. I can see both getting large contracts upon available on the market.

Jacobs getting resigned is possible since RBs are getting around 7-8 million per season. Very manageable. 

I can see Renfrow getting paid like Kirk did this offseason. Waller since he’s close 30 probably will be looking for a short term big payday. Might look to be paid similar to a WR

44 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I believe we lose 2/3 Jacobs Waller and Refrow. The reality of it, is we have a 2 huge contracts locked into DEs. Miller locked into big contract with LT and Adams at WR. Resigning Carr will mean extensions with a slot WR and TE probably won’t happen. I can see both getting large contracts upon available on the market.

Jacobs getting resigned is possible since RBs are getting around 7-8 million per season. Very manageable. 

I can see Renfrow getting paid like Kirk did this offseason. Waller since he’s close 30 probably will be looking for a short term big payday. Might look to be paid similar to a WR

I'd try to rework Waller's deal now so we have him for at least the next 2-3 years. Renfrow only has one year of super high end production and his production should drop with Adams on the team. I'd offer him a deal similar to what the Bengals gave Tyler Boyd.

I think that we pick up the 5th year option on Jacobs deal and then let him walk the following year.

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd try to rework Waller's deal now so we have him for at least the next 2-3 years. Renfrow only has one year of super high end production and his production should drop with Adams on the team. I'd offer him a deal similar to what the Bengals gave Tyler Boyd.

I think that we pick up the 5th year option on Jacobs deal and then let him walk the following year.

Renfrow had better numbers than Kirk on 2021. His agents know he’s a 15 million plus or more per season player coming.

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Renfrow had better numbers than Kirk on 2021. His agents know he’s a 15 million plus or more per season player coming.

Kirk also had his best season in a contract year. In Renfrow's first two seasons when we had more receiving options he averaged like 52 receptions, 625 yards, 3 TD. I'm assuming his numbers will be closer to that then what he put up last year if Adams/Waller both stay healthy. I think around $14M APY is fair for Renfrow, Kirk was massively overpaid by a team that was desperate. 

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kirk also had his best season in a contract year. In Renfrow's first two seasons when we had more receiving options he averaged like 52 receptions, 625 yards, 3 TD. I'm assuming his numbers will be closer to that then what he put up last year if Adams/Waller both stay healthy. I think around $14M APY is fair for Renfrow, Kirk was massively overpaid by a team that was desperate. 

Who says there won’t be a desperate team spending cash like that next season. Last year it was the Patriots. This year was the Jaguars. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Renfrow has a probowl under his belt. I don't think he taking 14 mill a year. 

McDaniels with the first public contract statement of “sweet spot”. Basically saying he’s likely not going to be paid Top 3 QB money. 

35-36M per is probably what ends up happening. They added a bunch of pieces and got Carr his guy he asked for. If Carr tries anything more than 35-36 per, it would be pretty selfish. 

• Like 1