2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

this guy growing on me, wouldn't have to worry about RT the rest of the decade. Clean pocket for DC equals win

We'd probably have to move up a few spots to land him. He'll probably be the 2nd OT off the board. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Unless we make some more FA moves I'd expect: 

17: Jalen Mayfield/Teven Jenkins/Rashawn Slater | 48: Richie Grant

17: Trevon Moehrig | 48: Dillon Radunz/Liam Eichenberg/Samuel Cosmi 

Whats the chances all the tackles are gone by 48 because I could see it..teams love taking them

Just now, OnlyGlove said:

Whats the chances all the tackles are gone by 48 because I could see it..teams love taking them

It could happen, which is why I think we'll probably go Mayfield/Jenkins/Slater (if he falls) at #17 or move up a few spots for Slater or Darrisaw. 

So if we don’t get Moehrig in the first (I can’t see him being there at 48) do we sign a FA and draft a CB to FS convert to develop for 22?  There are a few big CBs in the mid rounds that could make good FS’s:

Trill Williams, Syracuse

Ifeatu Melifonwu, Syracuse 

Israel Mukuamu, South Carolina

Shaun Wade, OSU

Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota

Tre Norwood, Oklahoma

Since were playing cover3 zone the tall lengthy CB type (reference Richard Sherman) that Williams, Melifonwu, Mukuamu, St-Juste are could fit the scheme as a CB if the move to FS didn’t work.  I think you can draft these guys and play them as a FS initially hopefully find that rangy FS but if not they’d fit as a CB.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Slater

I'd say Slater and Darrisaw are in a pretty similar tier and it'd come down to team preference. I'd say one of the only concerns me with Slater is that he's a little undersized and lacks great length, his best spot might be OG in the NFL. 

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

So if we don’t get Moehrig in the first (I can’t see him being there at 48) do we sign a FA and draft a CB to FS convert to develop for 22? 

After Mayock acknowledged that they made mistakes in last years draft taking players and expecting them to learn new positions as rookies I don't think we'd target a CB and move him to FS.  

Just now, NYRaider said:

It could happen, which is why I think we'll probably go Mayfield/Jenkins/Slater (if he falls) at #17 or move up a few spots for Slater or Darrisaw. 

I'm really high on the top 3 OTs  and think there is a little drop off, because those top 3 look like potential stud LT let alone great RT prospects. I do like the rest of the OT prospects and it feels like they are the close, in the same tier. 

we should see how the end of the 1st and 2nd play out to nab one of the Mayfield, Jenkins, Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Little, Brown.

They are all close in talent, and projection

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm really high on the top 3 OTs  and think there is a little drop off, because those top 3 look like potential stud LT let alone great RT prospects. I do like the rest of the OT prospects and it feels like they are the close, in the same tier. 

we should see how the end of the 1st and 2nd play out to nab one of the Mayfield, Jenkins, Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Little, Brown.

They are all close in talent, and projection

I think Mayfield has a higher ceiling than Jenkins, Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Little or Brown. From a physical standpoint he has the most upside, he's probably just not as pro-ready as some of the other guys with only 1,000 college snaps at Michigan. It would be a Kolton Miller type of pick, toolsy guy that may be meh early on but that has the potential to be very good in year 2/3. 

I’d puke if we drafted Jenkins or Mayfield  at 17.  Massive reach.  It’d be Arnette at 19 all over again.  If you can’t get Darrisaw (or Slater) then trade down.  Or draft Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Radunz in round 2 or Carmen Jackson in round 3.  

Jenkins and Mayfield might have to kick to G.... their not polished RTs In pass pro like a Ramczyk was.  
If your drafting a RT in the top 20 he better darn we’ll be a stud in pass pro and polished.  That’s not Mayfield and Jenkins.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

After Mayock acknowledged that they made mistakes in last years draft taking players and expecting them to learn new positions as rookies I don't think we'd target a CB and move him to FS.  

Good point.... but I feel QB to RB/WR is much different then big CB who might have to move to FS.  You simply can’t avoid conversation players because you were stupid about Muse and Bowden.  But it’s reasonable to be Very conservative about converting players the next year or two.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think Mayfield has a higher ceiling than Jenkins, Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Little or Brown. From a physical standpoint he has the most upside, he's probably just not as pro-ready as some of the other guys with only 1,000 college snaps at Michigan. It would be a Kolton Miller type of pick, toolsy guy that may be meh early on but that has the potential to be very good in year 2/3. 

Mayfield might be the best of the bunch but is looked as a RT. At least Kolton Miller was raw, but with LT projection. 

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Good point.... but I feel QB to RB/WR is much different then big CB who might have to move to FS.  You simply can’t avoid conversation players because you were stupid about Muse and Bowden.  But it’s reasonable to be Very conservative about converting players the next year or two.

yeah it's an easier transition for a big CB who has good instincts to play the ball, and physical to make tackles around the field. 

I don’t think I’d ever like the idea of a 6’3 RT in Round 1 for us.  Key word being for us.  Slaters is a 1st round pick but I just can’t get behind the lack of length given Cable’s propensity for tall 6’6”+, lengthy OTs.  I’d much rather draft Darrisaw or wait to get Eichenberg (my favorite) or Leatherwood, Radunz, Spencer Brown, Little, Jackson, etc. too many better fits IMO.