2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Pro days are supposed to make guys look good too. So his 40 time was probably closer to a 5.0 flat if he ran at the combine, he just went from a 4th-5th round guy to UDFA. 

I did have him on my watchlist, I’ll scrub him off now. 

My mock after a week of FA.

17. Teven Jenkins - OT - Natural RT who can step in from day 1 and start. Brings an element of aggressiveness to the oline. He’s has a nasty play style that finishes his blocks in the run game by driving players into the ground. Got better every week during the college season and I would bet Gruden and Mayock will heavily favor a player like Jenkins.

48. Richie Grant - FS - Natural fit to play FS in this scheme. Has the best range of any FS in this draft class. Start from day 1. Think you would have to worry about the Cowboys getting him before you but if he gets past them it’s a no brainer pick. 

80. Jaylen Twyman - DT - Will take a step back on a previous post by me with no DT being selected in the first 3 round. Look at the type of builds Gus Bradley likes from his  DTs all under 300 pounds with the Raiders. Twyman fits that profile. Sat out last season but this is a productive inside pass rusher who showed out in 2019.  Hasn’t played football in almost two years. Which is not a good thing but get him into camp and knock that rust off.

81. Ben Cleveland - OG - Raiders locked up their RT in the first round and now lock up their RG of the future. Power blocker who Gruden would love and call him a Gruden grinder. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At #48 he's a good value pick though. The Chiefs landed Chris Jones at #37 in 2016. 

That’s who Barmore could be. Also think Jones was labelled inconsistent. Barmore has better college production too.

I don’t think he lasts til 48. I think we’ll have to use 17 to snag him. He wouldn’t be at the top of my list - but with the depth we have on the line now, he wouldn’t need to be rushed into action. Obviously you don’t typically want your 1st round pick to need too much development time, but if you are confident he can become a player, it would be mighty tempting.

That patch of form from him after coming back for the second half of the season was pretty impressive.

1 minute ago, reddevil said:

That’s who Barmore could be. Also think Jones was labelled inconsistent. Barmore has better college production too.

I don’t think he lasts til 48. I think we’ll have to use 17 to snag him. He wouldn’t be at the top of my list - but with the depth we have on the line now, he wouldn’t need to be rushed into action. Obviously you don’t typically want your 1st round pick to need too much development time, but if you are confident he can become a player, it would be mighty tempting.

That patch of form from him after coming back for the second half of the season was pretty impressive.

If we're going to target Barmore or a RT I just hope that we trade back to do so.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

80. Jaylen Twyman - DT - Will take a step back on a previous post by me with no DT being selected in the first 3 round. Look at the type of builds Gus Bradley likes from his  DTs all under 300 pounds with the Raiders. Twyman fits that profile. Sat out last season but this is a productive inside pass rusher who showed out in 2019.  Hasn’t played football in almost two years. Which is not a good thing but get him into camp and knock that rust off

Zero chance he goes that high, he just had one of the worst pro day workouts in draft history. He may not even be drafted now. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At #48 he's a good value pick though. The Chiefs landed Chris Jones at #37 in 2016. 

I think a team takes him earlier myself.  Probably late 1st. 

At the moment we can't risk not taking a tackle and FS in the first two picks.  

3 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

I think a team takes him earlier myself.  Probably late 1st. 

At the moment we can't risk not taking a tackle and FS in the first two picks.  

Unless we make some more FA moves I'd expect: 

17: Jalen Mayfield/Teven Jenkins/Rashawn Slater | 48: Richie Grant

17: Trevon Moehrig | 48: Dillon Radunz/Liam Eichenberg/Samuel Cosmi 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Zero chance he goes that high, he just had one of the worst pro day workouts in draft history. He may not even be drafted now. 

This have to do anything about the 40 time? Cause that won’t bother me. Did 40 reps and had a 32.5 vert. His 2019 tape don’t lie and people always put to much into combine and pro days and forget what they see on the field and when he’s on the field he’s produces at a high level. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wrong guy.  I think you’re thinking of Paris Ford.

Twyman put up crazy strength based numbers.  Gross 40 time, but I could care less about that with my DT

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

This have to do anything about the 40 time? Cause that won’t bother me. Did 40 reps and had a 32.5 vert. His 2019 tape don’t lie and people always put to much into combine and pro days and forget what they see on the field and when he’s on the field he’s produces at a high level. 

DI Jaylen Twyman — 6’1”, 301

5.51s 40-yard dash (zero percentile)
8’8” broad (2nd percentile)
8.00s 3C (1st percentile)

On top of sitting out in 2020. 

Just now, 101Raider said:

Wrong guy.  I think you’re thinking of Paris Ford.

Twyman put up crazy strength based numbers.  Gross 40 time, but I could care less about that with my DT

DI Jaylen Twyman — 6’1”, 301

5.51s 40-yard dash (zero percentile)
8’8” broad (2nd percentile)
8.00s 3C (1st percentile)

He also had a horrible broad jump and 3-cone drill, on top of sitting out of the 2020 season and having below average size/length at 6'1" 301 with 32.5" arms. 

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Jaylen Twyman

I'm personally wouldn't even have him on the board. Had great production that one year but I don't see anything in terms of traits to project him to the NFL.

He's got some speed but plays weak, lacks length, poor leverage and hands are wild. Wouldn't be close to starting in year one.