2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

48 minutes ago, NickButera said:

We got pick #200 back from the league.

sweet! back to 8 picks!! we need to kill this draft. I think we are shopping Richard for a late rounder. He'a actually one of the better 3rd down backs in the league. He is explosive, and can catch. 3rd down back are valuable these days, it's a passing league, and alot of Rbs can't play that role. I'll be happy if we got a 6th or 7th

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

17 - Tevin Jenkins | OT | Oklahoma State

48 - Jamin Davis | LB | Kentucky 

79 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse

80 - Quincy Roche | Edge | Miami (FL)

121 - Tyler Shelvin | NT | LSU

162 - Joshua Bledsoe | DB | Missouri 

167 - Anthony Schwartz | WR | Auburn 

200 - Tay Gowan | CB | UCF

This would be nuts, but swap Jenkins for Jalen Mayfield for me IMO.

53 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He is, I just think he's not as good a pass blocker as I'd want on the outside. 

Mayfield also seems like he fits the Grudock prototype. Big, long, athletic tackle that was battle tested in the Big 10 and should be able to step in as a day 1 starter. A trade down a few spots and Mayfield/Jenkins would be ideal but I'd be okay with either guy at #17 as well. The more I've seen of Mayfield the more I like him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mayfield also seems like he fits the Grudock prototype. Big, long, athletic tackle that was battle tested in the Big 10 and should be able to step in as a day 1 starter. A trade down a few spots and Mayfield/Jenkins would be ideal but I'd be okay with either guy at #17 as well. The more I've seen of Mayfield the more I like him. 

Yeah he's the tackle I've had my eye on after Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw.

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Is Vera-Tuckers versatility something that Cable might prefer? He’s played G and T and with Good showing he can play both it would give us options. 

I'd venture to say yes. A few guys from his Seattle days seem to have been swing types. 

That said....those lines wound up sucking so....

My latest (PFN)

17. Micah Parsons, LB Penn St

48. Jevon Holland, S Oregon 

79. Jackson Carman, OT Clemson

80. Tommy Togiai, DT Ohio St

121. Paulson Adebo, CB Stanford

162. Marvin Wilson, DT Florida St

167. Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo 

200. Simi Fehoko, WR Stanford

I wanted to go OL earlier, but Parsons is too good to pass up. If either he or JOK are there, I have to go with one of them. In round 2, there was a rush towards S. It was Holland or wait til round 4, and S is still a glaring hole for us. Going into round 3, Carman and Little were both available so we get our annually required Clemson player. Next, Togiai popped up, so DT gets addressed. In the 4th, I chose to go BPA and wound up with Adebo, filling our CB need. Right after that, Marvin Wilson was still on the board...perfect spot for a BPA flyer and IDL double dip. Then it came down to OL depth or RB depth. Patterson intrigued me more than any of the OL left, and should push Riddick for RB3. Ditto with the 200th pick, where I went ahead with the size/speed freak. He's gotta be good enough to at least push Zay Jones, right? 

*operating under the assumption Richard is let go at some point

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

My latest (PFN)

17. Micah Parsons, LB Penn St

48. Jevon Holland, S Oregon 

79. Jackson Carman, OT Clemson

80. Tommy Togiai, DT Ohio St

121. Paulson Adebo, CB Stanford

162. Marvin Wilson, DT Florida St

167. Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo 

200. Simi Fehoko, WR Stanford

I wanted to go OL earlier, but Parsons is too good to pass up. If either he or JOK are there, I have to go with one of them. In round 2, there was a rush towards S. It was Holland or wait til round 4, and S is still a glaring hole for us. Going into round 3, Carman and Little were both available so we get our annually required Clemson player. Next, Togiai popped up, so DT gets addressed. In the 4th, I chose to go BPA and wound up with Adebo, filling our CB need. Right after that, Marvin Wilson was still on the board...perfect spot for a BPA flyer and IDL double dip. Then it came down to OL depth or RB depth. Patterson intrigued me more than any of the OL left, and should push Riddick for RB3. Ditto with the 200th pick, where I went ahead with the size/speed freak. He's gotta be good enough to at least push Zay Jones, right? 

*operating under the assumption Richard is let go at some point

I personally don't like the fit for Parsons, Holland is a slot CB for me so we don't have a safety and Carman is a gaurd at the next level.