2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I think the more pass rushers the better. Can't have too many pass rushers in the Gus Bradley defense It's that simple lol. 

So take a guy that actually projects as a good pass rusher like Phillips, Ojulari, or Paye. Why take another guy that projects as a base end on running downs that will have to move inside on passing downs because he can't win off the edge? That's literally Ferrell. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

100% agree. That's why I'm saying year three is no more Built in excuses. We've seen the flashes and potential in games but it's got to translate on a consistent basis.

Abrams is in the same boat. 

Mullen, Arnette, Abram, Crosby, and Ferrell all have to make major strides this season or they'll be rotational pieces that get signed/drafted over. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Daniel Jeremiah, the guys at the Draft Network, PFF, NFL.com, and ESPN's draft analysts. 

Yeah exactly. That's projection now that's not like they saw him playing inside on film. Neither did Mayock and Gunther. Mayock admitted this off-season that he needed to stop drafting people based on what they project to be(Which I have mad respect for)

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mullen, Arnette, Abram, Crosby, and Ferrell all have to make major strides this season or they'll be rotational pieces that get signed/drafted over. 

I think Mullen even that is worse played well enough to be a number #2(with #1 CB potential if given a pass rush).

Arnette Needs to make improvements and stay healthy(Ultimately I want to see him with an off-season to make any judgements)

Crosby I think he's getting underrated because of how bad the defensive line is. That being said maybe he needs to get stronger so he can play the run better. But he's a good complimentary pass rusher who I think is really going to shine this year with somebody actually being next to someone who's actually a #1 edgerusher in Ngakoue

Edited by Jeremy408

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah exactly. That's projection now that's not like they saw him playing inside on film. Neither did Mayock and Gunther. Mayock admitted this off-season that he needed to stop drafting people based on what they project to be(Which I have mad respect for)

But you'd be projecting that Basham could be effective kicking inside on passing downs as well. He played inside on 78 snaps in 19 games in his last two seasons at Wake Forest, that's a super small sample size.

39 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

If Arnette keeps having concussions, his career won't last. Same thing with Phillips. The history can't and shouldn't be ignored.

It shouldn't and it's not. Without the concussion concerns Phillips would be a top 5 pick, he'll honestly probably go to Dallas at #10.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If you had the opportunity to go Parsons, Onwuzurike in the first 2 rounds you better do that. That would be defensive changing additions.

If you were referring to a coach/general manager that used logic, this would make sense. But with as much as we've invested into LB in free agency and how many guys we brought in at DT this off-season, I don't think we'd take either guy. Especially considering that we completely ignored DT last year because we already had "the key to the defense." 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But you'd be projecting that Basham could be effective kicking inside on passing downs as well. He played inside on 78 snaps in 19 games in his last two seasons at Wake Forest, that's a super small sample size.

A key difference is that Basham has actually put on film that he can effectively rush the passer inside. He already comes with the size to be able to do it. And he did it at the senior bowl(Which is against NFL prospects only) In very good offensive line class. 

A key difference is that Basham has actually put on film that he can effectively rush the passer inside. He already comes with the size to be able to do it. And he did it at the senior bowl(Which is against NFL prospects only) In very good offensive line class. 

It's an extremely small sample size of 78 snaps in 2 years in the ACC. Javon Kinlaw was lighting people up at the Senior Bowl last year and struggled as a rookie. A week of practice/drills in a controlled enviornment can only show you so much.

I just watched highlight tape you shared and there's literally only one play on it that he's lined up inside, lol. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's an extremely small sample size of 78 snaps in 2 years in the ACC. Javon Kinlaw was lighting people up at the Senior Bowl last year and struggled as a rookie. A week of practice/drills in a controlled enviornment can only show you so much.

I just watched highlight tape you shared and there's literally only one play on it that he's lined up inside, lol. 

Show me the college tape where ferrell lines up inside or the college one on ones where he's beating people inside

That's confusing.. You just said that you just saw it. I also sent you the senior bowl 1 on 1s(That I assume that you also watched) But now you're asking me to show you the tape.

I saw him win on 1 snap inside on a highlight tape...

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I saw him win on 1 snap inside on a highlight tape...

The proof is there that he does it on film(regardless of how many reps). Ferrell had 0 snaps inside in college. 

I think the senior bowl reps are also being ignored there. 

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The proof is there that he does it on film(regardless of how many reps). Ferrell had 0 snaps inside in college. 

I think the senior bowl reps are also being ignored there. 

AVT played all of his snaps last season at LT, does that mean he projects as a LT in the NFL?