2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At his pro day they were 32 7/8"

33 3/8th at his EXOS Pro day in February 26th, which is probably the source for NFL.com who rounded to 1/2.
Draftscout.com also has him as 33.5 from his proday which they mark as updated in April. Where did you find a shorter version?

15 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Tevin Jenkins arms measure as 33.5" according to NFL.com profile on him, where do you get he's an inch short of 33"?

That post was in reference to AVT. Also, I think NFL.com got the Jenkins measurement wrong. Everywhere else he's at 32 7/8".

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The draft is a crap shoot every year but everyone and their mother considered Okudah a blue chip prospect. All of the rookie CB's struggled but at least with Okudah he has elite physical traits and he's 22 years old. Arnette on the other hand has pretty average physical tools and he'll be 25 as a second year player. 

Now the age part I do get. Say he does end up being a good corner by the fifth year option he'll be 29. That's a problem. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Now the age part I do get. Say he does end up being a good corner by the fifth year option he'll be 29. That's a problem. 

Arnette was taken primarily because he was "pro ready". If he takes that long to be good, that's more a problem than just his age. 

• Like 1

Finally someone who looks at the good AND bad parts of Teven Jenkins.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fP1Z1DqktA0

it seems to me like people on this board think Jenkins is this high level pass protector because of the 0 sacks and low pressures allowed stats... but the reality is the guy has real issues with his footwork.  He’s able to overcome some of that in college due to good technique and hand usage with very good strength. Don’t get me wrong I like Jenkins as a prospect but not at 17.  The gap from him to Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Cosmi is very small.  His great run blocking puts him ahead of them but not by THAT much.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Finally someone who looks at the good AND bad parts of Teven Jenkins.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fP1Z1DqktA0

it seems to me like people on this board think Jenkins is this high level pass protector because of the 0 sacks and low pressures allowed stats... but the reality is the guy has real issues with his footwork.  He’s able to overcome some of that in college due to good technique and hand usage with very good strength. Don’t get me wrong I like Jenkins as a prospect but not at 17.  The gap from him to Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Cosmi is very small.  His great run blocking puts him ahead of them but not by THAT much.  

Fully agree with you. Jenkins tape has a lotttt of red flags and he’s extremely raw. No sacks given does not mean a prospect isn’t raw. All the things Jenkins does technique wise are not gonna work in the NFL, at least not from the Tackle spot. 

I notice anytime YouTubers, especially Kollman, hypes up a prospect this forum gets all googly eyed. Kollman’s video was very bias and did not include a lot of Jenkins major flags. 

And Kollman has so many subscribers, that I guarantee prospects offer him $ for videos. Which is legal. Everything you see in the video will be true and accurate, but it will be one-sided and not as many flags/flaws that he should of showed. It’s like watching Main Stream News. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Fully agree with you. Jenkins tape has a lotttt of red flags and he’s extremely raw. No sacks given does not mean a prospect isn’t raw. All the things Jenkins does technique wise are not gonna work in the NFL, at least not from the Tackle spot. 

I notice anytime YouTubers, especially Kollman, hypes up a prospect this forum gets all googly eyed. Kollman’s video was very bias and did not include a lot of Jenkins major flags. 

And Kollman has so many subscribers, that I guarantee prospects offer him $ for videos. Which is legal. Everything you see in the video will be true and accurate, but it will be one-sided and not as many flags/flaws that he should of showed. It’s like watching Main Stream News. 

It’s very funny how if you look at the timeline of Jenkins “value” it skyrockets as soon as Kollman’s video comes out.  He goes from a late 2nd to #17 overnight.  I like Kollman but your absolutely right he is very one sided.  I like how the Raiders guy always! Does the pros and cons of players, Raiders included.

I questioned Jenkins inability to do anything but short set.  One person here said I was “ignorant” and didn’t understand OL.  There are many good short setting OTs.  But when you can only short set that limits how you deal with pass rushers.  I’d be afraid speed rushers take advantage of that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s very funny how if you look at the timeline of Jenkins “value” it skyrockets as soon as Kollman’s video comes out.  He goes from a late 2nd to #17 overnight.  I like Kollman but your absolutely right he is very one sided.  I like how the Raiders guy always! Does the pros and cons of players, Raiders included.

I questioned Jenkins inability to do anything but short set.  One person here said I was “ignorant” and didn’t understand OL.  There are many good short setting OTs.  But when you can only short set that limits how you deal with pass rushers.  I’d be afraid speed rushers take advantage of that.

I think there were a couple sites that had Jenkins around #30 before Kollman and other YouTube videos surfaced (which all seemed to surface about the same time....) but a vast majority of internet sites had Jenkins as a Mid-Late 2nd like you said, and he shot up after the Kollman video. 

Teven Jenkins is this years Joshua Jones imo. Joshua Jones was made a 1st Rounder purely by the internet. The guy fell to the 3rd Round (which is where he was originally ranked before the internet hype) and was beaten in camp laughably bad for the RT spot on the Cardinals by two other guys. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I had Jenkins as a possibility at 17 way before the Kollman video. In fact, I had only heard of Jenkins because Daniel Jeremiah posted a video of Perkins one-arm stabbing him.

And let me guess... loved Jones last year too?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

And let me guess... loved Jones last year too?

I don't remember even watching any tackles last year. Are you really that shocked that someone has an opinion different than yours?

Edited by Rich7sena