2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I’m pretty weary of USC players, the bust rate is so high from that school among all positions it’s literally staggering. I think the Pac 12 itself is fine, there’s always some tremendous players that come out of California, Utah, Oregon, and Arizona State. But USC’s track record is just awful. I didn’t even like Leonard Williams coming out and found him really underwhelming on tape, when a lot of this forum liked him. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m pretty weary of USC players, the bust rate is so high from that school among all positions it’s literally staggering. I think the Pac 12 itself is fine, there’s always some tremendous players that come out of California, Utah, Oregon, and Arizona State. But USC’s track record is just awful. I didn’t even like Leonard Williams coming out and found him really underwhelming on tape, when a lot of this forum liked him. 

Meh. Over the past 5 cycles they've had 8 guys drafted in the 1st/2nd round: Austin Jackson, Michael Pittman, Sam Darnold, Ronald Jones, Uchenna Nwosu, Adoree Jackson, Juju Smith-Schuster, and Su'a Cravens. 

The only one of those guys you can say is a bust for sure is Cravens. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. Over the past 5 cycles they've had 8 guys drafted in the 1st/2nd round: Austin Jackson, Michael Pittman, Sam Darnold, Ronald Jones, Uchenna Nwosu, Adoree Jackson, Juju Smith-Schuster, and Su'a Cravens. 

The only one of those guys you can say is a bust for sure is Cravens. 

Most of them you can say are “almost” busts though. The only player that panned out completely was JuJu, who has looked only above-average ever since AB left. AB got massively doubled that year and JuJu took advantage of it. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Most of them you can say are “almost” busts though. The only player that panned out completely was JuJu, who has looked only above-average ever since AB left. AB got massively doubled that year and JuJu took advantage of it. 

Adoree Jackson is a good starting CB and certainly not "almost" a bust. JuJu is one of the better #2 WR in the league but he's not going to consistently be a 1,200+ yard guy and that's okay because there are very few WR that can produce at that level consistently. Darnold has flashed he's just in a terrible situation but far from a bust, RoJo had a good year last year and is on pace for 1,100 yards this season, and Nwosu has been a solid rotational piece for the Chargers defense and looks to be finally coming into his own this year. 

And the jury is still out on Pittman and Jackson who are both dealing with injuries this year. 

Watch the games lol. No Titan fan or Buc fan are happy with Adoree or Ronald Jones in any stretch of the imagination. 

I think we can at least agree there has been no star player that has come out of USC in ages, not even a consistent starter for the most part. All their starters in the NFL are super streaky at best, including JuJu. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Watch the games lol. No Titan fan or Buc fan are happy with Adoree or Ronald Jones in any stretch of the imagination. 

I think we can at least agree there has been no star player that has come out of USC in ages, not even a consistent starter for the most part. All their starters in the NFL are super streaky at best, including JuJu. 

Jackson had the best year of his career last season and finished with the 6th best coverage grade among CBs. 

Rojo had over 1,000 all purpose yards last year and is looking good this season with back to back 100 yard rushing games. 

And that has no impact on Tufele as a prospect or how his NFL career will pan out. 

USC hasn't put a ton of defensive lineman into the league recently the only ones that have been drafted early are: Jurrell Casey, Nick Perry, Everson Griffen, Devon Kennard, and Rasheem Green. 

Casey and Griffen have been all pros, Perry was a long time starter in Green Bay, Kennard has been a solid starter and complimentary pass rusher, and Green is a decent rotational player. 

I want to see how Eyabi Anoma looks at UT-Martin during their spring season. He was a top 5 recruit that originally went to Alabama where he flashed as a freshman but then got dismissed and transferred to Houston. He redshirted his first year there and then got dismissed and transferred to UT-Martin. He was supposed to be an elite pass rusher at Alabama but his career has been riddled with off the field troubles. If he has a strong year and enters the draft I'd take a chance on him in the middle rounds. 

18 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wonder if we could find a starting RT in the 3rd. I’m thinking: 1- DT 2-FS 3-T 

I'd like to throw big money at Justin Simmons to solve our FS problem. Then go OT in the second round, preferably Daniel Faalele who would be the perfect replacement for Brown. If Incognito retires I'd like to see us invest into one of the top FA OG as well. 

35 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Luckily for the Raiders. The OT draft class is loaded with talent. Some nice talent in the projected 2nd and 3rd rounds for OTs. 

Have to move on from Brown after this season. Move younger and cheaper on the OL and invest that money into the defense 

Jackson Carman or Daniel Faalele would be nice picks in round 2/3. 

If and it's a big IF David Irving returns to form and looks like our starting 3T going forward, I hope that we resign Johnathan Hankins and throw a big deal at Justin Simmons in free agency. Then use our 1st round pick on Jevon Holland who's a NCB/S hybrid we could move all over the field. 

CB1 - Mullen

CB2 - Arnette

NCB - Holland

SS - Abram

FS - Simmons

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1