Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Theoretically we could carry 4 TE, 5 RB (1 being Ingold), by carrying one less OL. Richard/Bowden kind of seems redundant since they're both kind of scat back/3rd down backs. But Bowden has legit never played the position in his life. 

It could get scary if Jacobs misses any significant amount of time and our run game is dependent almost entirely on Richard/Bowden. 

read somewhere Bowden getting blown up trying to block. Richard is strictly a 3rd down back, and I aint buying the Ingold running the ball hype. I think it would be wise to keep another RB. Hopefully one of Booker/Stanback/Smith step up, or maybe add someone after cuts. Usually can find talent at the RB spot after cuts. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

odds are in favor of the Raiders carrying 4 TE's. Gruden loves TE's and a lot of his packages are TE heavy. Carrier has some special teams value and Witten will be best used in the red zone. 

Plus Moreau had a significant injury last season and may start the year on PUP or be held back a few games so I can definitely see 4 TEs being carried into the season at least to start. 

Blocking is not a surprising issue for Bowden, he was never asked to do it. That will take some work and time. 

how many they decided to keep at RB is the most interesting position group for me. Ideal world you would keep 3, but might have to go with 4. 

I would say 2 QBs( Carr and Marriota) 3 RB's (Jacobs,Richard and Bowden) and 4 TE's (Waller, Witten, Carrier and Moreau) 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Go on.

They said they're expecting us to carry 4 TEs. Gruden wants to run a lot of 2-3 TE sets this season and all four guys have looked good in camp. They also said that Carrier is probably the best TE4 in the league plus an excellent special teams player. 

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A little risky going into the season with Richard (39 carries in 2019) and Bowden (never played RB in his life) as the only two backs behind Jacobs. 

Richard had 83 carries for 491 yards at a 5.9 average in 2016.  I think he needs to run the ball more.  We'll see.  I'm comfortable with what we have.  We can always sign a FA if things get ugly.

Edited by Jerry

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Richard had 83 carries for 491 yards at a 5.9 average in 2016.  I think he needs to run the ball more.  We'll see.  I'm comfortable with what we have.  We can always sign a FA if things get ugly.

If Jacobs misses any significant time we're going to have one of the worst running games in the NFL. 

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Jacobs misses any significant time we're going to have one of the worst running games in the NFL. 

Agreed.  To put the entire teams outlook on one player (outside of a starting QB) is crazy imo, especially when how little cap space it costs to sign a decent RB2 OR how little draft capital it costs to draft one.

Richard and Bowden are decent accessories to a run game but totally incapable of carrying a load.  We did look at Hill for a few days so we must at least understand and realize the needs there.  Maybe we trade a 6/7th (we have Chi’s ‘21 7th from the Eddie Pinero K trade) for a RB towards the end of camp or sign a guy who gets cut.  Maybe I’m just to impatient but I’m about just getting the roster filled out during or even before camp.... who cares if we trade a 7th round pick instead of pick someone up off waivers because there’s value in them being in camp and reducing the risk of no one of adequate value being available.  On the other side I do admit RB is a position where a guy can step right in and run the ball effectively.  Plus, we have good pass blockers in Richard so the player wouldn’t be asked to do that; all they’d have to do is run the ball.

On a separate note.... Richards pass blocking is highly underrated, he’s very effective in that regard.