Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

Despite all the apparent slight negativity from the video....

that’s why CBs with long arms (Johnson: 6’2 with 33.125” arms) are valued.  Johnson’s ability to get his hands in there and swipe at the ball allowed that play to happen.

Smaller CBs with shorter arms couldn’t make that kind of play.

i get that Covid has ruined TC for the fans and any glimpse of action will invite over analyzation.... we all got cabin fever.... 

but it is just one play.... sometimes the defense makes a play and gets lucky (9/10 times that’s an incomplete pass not an INT).  The videos from an early practice and the players are just getting use to one another.... we shouldn’t expect perfect passes in every practice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

are you joking? I don’t see what HB has done to ever rub anyone wrong.

It goes a LONG way back. Constantly starting new threads instead of putting things in already started topics that it fits into. Constant 'list' threads and updates almost like he's seeking attention. There was a poster EXACTLY like that years ago who got banned EA21  and though HB denies being that person. Most who've been here the whole time don't believe him. I blocked him a few months back with a few others because the repetitive nonsense was annoying. As you mentioned in an earlier post about us all having 'cabin fever' I think some things will annoy others more and others less. I was thinking of unblocking HB/Bay and I think one more but to be honest, I've enjoyed the site more since getting Iggy with it. We all handle the 'fever' differently. I don't think HB is a bad person, but I do think his style puts a lot of people off. Even though he and I agree on a lot of things, I just like cutting down on the drama. Never had Twitter and the drama there sounds unenjoyable. LL 

1 hour ago, G said:

It goes a LONG way back. Constantly starting new threads instead of putting things in already started topics that it fits into. Constant 'list' threads and updates almost like he's seeking attention. There was a poster EXACTLY like that years ago who got banned EA21  and though HB denies being that person. Most who've been here the whole time don't believe him. I blocked him a few months back with a few others because the repetitive nonsense was annoying. As you mentioned in an earlier post about us all having 'cabin fever' I think some things will annoy others more and others less. I was thinking of unblocking HB/Bay and I think one more but to be honest, I've enjoyed the site more since getting Iggy with it. We all handle the 'fever' differently. I don't think HB is a bad person, but I do think his style puts a lot of people off. Even though he and I agree on a lot of things, I just like cutting down on the drama. Never had Twitter and the drama there sounds unenjoyable. LL 

Thanks for the info.  

I was on the board years ago and went away thus missed some of the back story you gave.  Personally, HB’s always been cool to me.  I could care less if he did or didn’t start a bunch of redundant new threads or was EA21 (I do remember that name). While I don’t know the details I’d assume he was trying to foster conversation as he is an avid poster.  I just don’t see that as being a massive transgression.  Everyone has their quirks.  
These boards often have little friend groups like HS and that’s corny IMO.  We all support the same team in the end.

Ive stopped all social media.... decided I don’t care about people I use to know and how fabulous their trip to the beach was  or how delicious their Sunday brunch looked.  Plus, it’s not good for a relationship: ex’s slide into the DMs.  I decided to actually pick up the phone and call the few I care about.  Plus, I’m a conservative who doesn’t shut his mouth if someone attacks so I didn’t have a long shelf life on their anyways.... and it’s just wayyyyy too much noise.  The little I used it I couldn’t stand it.

I’m just opposed to blocking people.  It works for some just not my thing.  Is BR alive or does he just come here during the draft to try and announce what a savvy scout he is?  (Btw he was wrong on everything lol).

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ive stopped all social media.... decided I don’t care about people I use to know and how fabulous their trip to the beach was  or how delicious their Sunday brunch looked.  Plus, it’s not good for a relationship: ex’s slide into the DMs.  I decided to actually pick up the phone and call the few I care about.  Plus, I’m a conservative who doesn’t shut his mouth if someone attacks so I didn’t have a long shelf life on their anyways.... and it’s just wayyyyy too much noise.  The little I used it I couldn’t stand it.

I’m just opposed to blocking people.  It works for some just not my thing.  Is BR alive or does he just come here during the draft to try and announce what a savvy scout he is?  (Btw he was wrong on everything lol).

Left FB 8 years ago as I talked to those I wanted to before social media. FB created a fake friend list with people who knew of me but I never hung out with and didn't know me.

Didn't know BR was still gone as I had blocked him. I thought he said some stuff to get banned for 30 days but maybe it's that new KD poster who came in firing shots out the gate. LOL

Hell  I rant some times and get to a point where I'd probably block myself if I had to read it over and over.  LOL 

9 minutes ago, G said:

Left FB 8 years ago as I talked to those I wanted to before social media. FB created a fake friend list with people who knew of me but I never hung out with and didn't know me.

Didn't know BR was still gone as I had blocked him. I thought he said some stuff to get banned for 30 days but maybe it's that new KD poster who came in firing shots out the gate. LOL

Hell  I rant some times and get to a point where I'd probably block myself if I had to read it over and over.  LOL 

I’m definitely with you in the fake friends list.... mine was full of people who I didn’t like and they didn’t like me in HS.  I couldn’t care less how their doing.

I don’t think BR is the new Durant guy... 1) he quoted BR and asked him for a BJ lol 2) BR is a lot of things but he’s not a troll like that.... he just wanted to be liked.... he’s not a bad person imo.  I hated him at points but whatever if he came back and was pleasant I’m all about giving people a clean slate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m all about giving people a clean slate.

Season's about to start so took all 3 off my IGGY. 

Hopefully we'll have so much success the brothers will just be ripping on each other for being drunk celebrating and slurring the victory typos. LOL

WINNING CURES EVERYTHING in Raider Nation. Just WIN Baby!!!

It was a bad throw. Plain and simple. All this guessing is crazy. Your wr should not have to slow down on the deep ball. Carr has always put air on his deep balls on the sideline for some reason. Gafford was wide open and had to almost full on stop for that td pass he got. When he throws deep in middle of the field, it has less air and more zip. Like a few of the throws to seth Roberts.

It's funny cause this is the exact arguments we had with some of carr balls to cooper. Cooper need to make that catch but carr gots to throw a better ball. One video in practice 9and we at it again. 

Edited by dante9876

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

It was a bad throw. Plain and simple. All this guessing is crazy. Your wr should not have to slow down on the deep ball. Carr has always put air on his deep balls on the sideline for some reason. Gafford was wide open and had to almost full on stop for that td pass he got. When he throws deep in middle of the field, it has less air and more zip. Like a few of the throws to seth Roberts.

It's funny cause this is the exact arguments we had with some of carr balls to cooper. Cooper need to make that catch but carr gots to throw a better ball. One video in practice 9and we at it again. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Well Gafford was wiiiiddde open.  I think you have to remove that throw from the argument because Carr was smart to put lots of air under it to give Gafford plenty of opportunity to correct his body for the catch.  Throwing “on a rope” to Gafford significantly reduces the margin of error.

But Carr has always put a little extra air under his deep ball.  It’s not that he can’t throw deep it’s that he can’t throw bullets deep.