Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

Awful news about Tyrell. I don’t see how he will be able to play. Torn labrum is worse then the foot issue he had last year. I think he will give it a go because he knows he pretty much gone if he does not, but nelson agholor role just got a lot bigger and Bryan Edwards could very well get the start at the X position. Don’t see Agholor fitting the X spot. Maybe see a lot more Ruggs in the slot with Agholor out wide. 

I’m not a doctor.... does a torn labrum mean IR with no chance or returning or are we talking something like 9-10 weeks (back by week 8)?

I hate to say it but this is probably going to be horribly devastating to the offense and team in general.  We can all pretend Edwards is going to just step up and there’s little to no effect but I’m not buying that at all.  This really hurts.  And I doubt he lasts very long trying to play with it.  If you can’t move your shoulder well how can you catch the ball?

I’m calling it now we go 6-10 and Trey Lance is our draft pick fml.

Edited by jimkelly02

Tyrell hasn't been able to catch a break (i mean, besides landing a huge contract which he will never be able to justify on the field). His odds of staying on the roster next season at his salary was already slim to none, unless he totally balled out this year. It's a near certainty if he has to undergo surgery and sit out most (if not all) of the season. I really don't think a phsyical X receiver is going to be able to play through a torn labrum.

Ruggs and Edwards better be ready, or else it's going to be another dink and dunk season full of Waller/Renfrow/Richard

Edited by Turnobili

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not a doctor.... does a torn labrum mean IR with no chance or returning or are we talking something like 9-10 weeks (back by week 8)?

I hate to say it but this is probably going to be horribly devastating to the offense and team in general.  We can all pretend Edwards is going to just step up and there’s little to no effect but I’m not buying that at all.  This really hurts.  And I doubt he lasts very long trying to play with it.  If you can’t move your shoulder well how can you catch the ball?

I’m calling it now we go 6-10 and Trey Lance is our draft pick fml.

Can’t miss what you never had...meh

I wouldnt say the sky is falling like Jim because the Raiders did a good job adding solid depth to the WR spot. Nelson Agholor role will expand along with Bryan Edwards it’s a lot to as rookies to step up and contribute, but this is a running first team and the Raiders just need them to be solid and the offense will be fine. And it’s not like we lost Waller. Tyrell was always a wild card going into the season. 

Edited by agarcia34

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I wouldnt say the sky is falling like Jim because the Raiders did a good job adding solid depth to the WR spot. Nelson Agholor role will expand along with Bryan Edwards it’s a lot to as rookies to step up and contribute, but this is a running first team and the Raiders just need them to be solid and the offense will be fine. And it’s not like we lost Waller. Tyrell was always a wild card going into the season. 

We’re raider fans the sky always falls... as soon as we get hope it all crumbles... have you learned nothing?

lol jk

it’s a pretty big loss... saying otherwise is just lying.  Are we gonna forfeit the season now? No.  But anytime you lose your WR1 before the season that’s devastating.

maybe it’s good for the ‘21 Raiders that Edwards will (likely) get the reps.

I thought this was the year Carr was suppose to have crazy weapons... without Williams it’s 3 nice TEs and rookies.  I’m not saying it’s inevitable but this could be the beginning of Carr’s final demise here.

I’m purely joking but this will certainly be a few of us by week 3:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/video/eagles-fan-catches-kids-burning-building-unlike-agholor

https://youtu.be/NBLcrTcrR4M

I actually like Agholor in the slot... a lot... but outside .... we’ve seen that and it never worked.

Edited by jimkelly02

Definitely forgot about Zay. His role got a lot bigger. Time to see if that hard work in the offseason paid off.

Tyrell out is a loss but it’s not a big loss because it’s not like the Raiders lost a guarantee 1,400 yard WR. His production going into the season was up in the air on what you were gonna be able to get out of him. Maybe I’m just more optimistic in this WR core.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Definitely forgot about Zay. His role got a lot bigger. Time to see if that hard work in the offseason paid off.

Tyrell out is a loss but it’s not a big loss because it’s not like the Raiders lost a guarantee 1,400 yard WR. His production going into the season was up in the air on what you were gonna be able to get out of him. Maybe I’m just more optimistic in this WR core.

I'm unsure how to feel. Let's see if these rookies/Zay/Agholor/Renfrow can step up. There is still a lot of talent on offense. No excuses this year. I'm very high on our additions.