Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

But during TC did the beat writers stay on the field and watch the actual practice?

im wondering how accurate these reports of certain player playing good/bad are.  Did these writers actually see Key dominate or are they just being told it happened?

Yeah, during training camp they had full access to practice. Just couldn’t live tweet like they used to before. 

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

Wasn’t that before the signing of McMillan though?

I just assumed,,,, pure assumption,,, that McMillian play WILL .... I don’t see McMillian being such a talent his addition moves Littleton.  That said in some situations, such as short distance, I could see them swapping.

maybe I’m wrong I’m just assuming.  I’d think Littleton is a core piece of the defense and changing everything last moment would be hard.

I could be wrong but in a 4-3 over I feel like them swapping is far less a big deal then in a 4-3 under.

maybe we’ll run 4-3 over with Littleton@WILL + McMillian@SAM and 4-3 under with Littleton@SAM and McMillian@WILL.

and there’s no chance McMillian will be playing MLB, Littleton @ Will, and Kwiatkoski @ SAM? (I say that as a I doubt we do) I wouldn’t expect that but to be honest it’s kinda not a horrible idea.

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

For example Mariotas contract I believe has a load of incentives attached to it. Do we have to account for that possibility or is it already accounted for ? 

Certainly through Reggie’s tenure we seem to pay a lot of incentives/bonuses, just wondered how they were accounted for. 

Yeah so all the playing time incentives and such that Mariota has in his deal are ULTBE (unlikely) because the he wouldn’t have reached/achieved them last year.  Thus, they don’t count towards the ‘20 cap.  But if he does reach them they wouldn’t be charged to the cap.

i think I clarified that okay, but if not read this:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/06/nfl-contract-incentives-football

So a lot of the heavy incentive based contracts are for Unlikely to be achieved things... and it makes sense because the team doesn’t want to take the cap hit immediately upon signing.  If they hit them then they earned it and the advantage is it goes on next years cap.

we don’t do many Likely to be Achieved incentive contracts..... aside from relatively small active game day bonuses. We do that on a lot on veteran contracts actually.  These are relatively small amounts though that have little impact on the cap and are mostly accounted for on the current cap year.  Hankins for example has 350k of active game day bonuses in his deal.  So every game he’s active for he gets 1/16 of 350k ($21,875).  

Some times players who played 13 games last year will have 13 of 16 games considered Likely to be achieved and count towards their current year cap hit, while the other 3 of 16 payments will be considered unlikely to be achieved and don’t count on the current cap.... but if they play all 16 games then the additional 3 games are charged to the cap.

To be honest.... most of the Year to Year balance sheet carry over from these LTBE and ULTBE incentives are so small it’s negligible.... especially when you consider the fact we carry over cap to the next year.....

just to use made up numbers to give a relative example.

we’ll carry over $6,500,000 in cap to ‘21 but after adjusting for incentives and other things it’ll be 6.1M.  It’s really just a small dent in the carry over.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah so all the playing time incentives and such that Mariota has in his deal are ULTBE (unlikely) because the he wouldn’t have reached/achieved them last year.  Thus, they don’t count towards the ‘20 cap.  But if he does reach them they wouldn’t be charged to the cap.

i think I clarified that okay, but if not read this:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/06/nfl-contract-incentives-football

So a lot of the heavy incentive based contracts are for Unlikely to be achieved things... and it makes sense because the team doesn’t want to take the cap hit immediately upon signing.  If they hit them then they earned it and the advantage is it goes on next years cap.

we don’t do many Likely to be Achieved incentive contracts..... aside from relatively small active game day bonuses. We do that on a lot on veteran contracts actually.  These are relatively small amounts though that have little impact on the cap and are mostly accounted for on the current cap year.  Hankins for example has 350k of active game day bonuses in his deal.  So every game he’s active for he gets 1/16 of 350k ($21,875).  

Some times players who played 13 games last year will have 13 of 16 games considered Likely to be achieved and count towards their current year cap hit, while the other 3 of 16 payments will be considered unlikely to be achieved and don’t count on the current cap.... but if they play all 16 games then the additional 3 games are charged to the cap.

To be honest.... most of the Year to Year balance sheet carry over from these LTBE and ULTBE incentives are so small it’s negligible.... especially when you consider the fact we carry over cap to the next year.....

just to use made up numbers to give a relative example.

we’ll carry over $6,500,000 in cap to ‘21 but after adjusting for incentives and other things it’ll be 6.1M.  It’s really just a small dent in the carry over.

Cool thanks.

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Tyrell Williams has been placed on IR. He is done for the season. 

Excited to see how Bryan Edwards does

I knew it as soon as the report came out.  Everyone wanted to play “the sky isn’t falling yet... it’ll be okay”.... but it’s not.

this doesn’t mean the seasons over but your all lying to yourselves if it isn’t a massive loss.

and that’s also the end of Tyrell Williams as a Raiders.  Add WR to the list of needs in ‘21.

however.... he could be designated a return from IR player...: unless he gets the surgery then there’s no way he comes bsck

Edited by jimkelly02

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

It will be okay tho Jim 😂

Maybe you guys think I’m smashing **** and acting like a child and I might have done that a few years ago lol....

but I’m just trying to be a realist.  It’s a huge loss.  The same people saying “oh Edwards is gonna be fantastic for us, no worries” also we’re saying 2 months ago Williams is going to be a 1000+Yd reviever.

Rappaport said Williams is having surgery on his shoulder in a few weeks.... so zero chance he plays in ‘20 and there no way I see him on the team next year.  

In hindsight we should have cut him this offseason.... he had no dead cap and now we’re paying $11M for nothing.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Rappaport said Williams is having surgery on his shoulder in a few weeks.... so zero chance he plays in ‘20 and there no way I see him on the team next year.  

In hindsight we should have cut him this offseason.... he had no dead cap and now we’re paying $11M for nothing.

Does the full amount still count against the cap? Even when a player is IR? Also if so could we not do an injury settlement and clear the 11?