2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, xenajets said:

Thinking of things with practicality in mind then going the OL at #23 and #34 would be very beneficial for the team as a whole. A combo of AVT and Dickerson would be great (providing Dickersons health is okay) 

However if for some ridiculous reason Smith did fall to #23 and we selected him I would be ecstatic. The thought of him not getting playing time genuinely is laughable. He’d be our #1 receiver!!

And someone in FF is correct about Jets could dump Crowder. lol.

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope your right on the Mims thing but I think D. Smith is going to be a stud of a WR. Mims scares me and there is a reason he fell and JD had a chance to grb him but traded down and then grabed him. This leads me to believe there is a lot of hype and most GM's did not value him that high for a reason. I do hipe he is our WR 1 but I have a felling he will struggle to be a WR 2 on the team. 

Could be. Smith could also get the snot knocked out him because he is too undersized. It is all best guess. 

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

The thought of him not getting playing time genuinely is laughable. He’d be our #1 receiver!!

Know what else is laughable, people who think NFL coaches are high school coaches and the best play. The reality is any WR we draft, will not start. There is no way Mims, Crowder or Davis are sitting unless it is for rest, injury, or god-awful play. Any high draft pick rookie WR will get some run, but it will not be enough to justify ignoring a position of need for a part time player.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Know what else is laughable, people who think NFL coaches are high school coaches and the best play. The reality is any WR we draft, will not start. There is no way Mims, Crowder or Davis are sitting unless it is for rest, injury, or god-awful play. Any high draft pick rookie WR will get some run, but it will not be enough to justify ignoring a position of need for a part time player.

Smith was the best receiver/player in college football last year. Not my opinion that’s the just fact as he won the Heisman. So if a guy like that won’t start when we will run a lot of 3 receivers packages doesn’t seem likely. 

So if Chase fell to #23 would you not take him? Surely the same rules apply?? 

44 minutes ago, xrade said:

So, Bridgewater is trade to Denver for a 6th round pick. Caroline is supposedly eating 70% of Teddys salary as well. Good deal for Denver. Kind of wish JD would have made that deal and fill out vet QB hole. 

Kind of why I hated the Morgan pick last year. You’d rather a Teddy B or a Alex Smith/Andy Dalton type backup than a rookie who will have zero chance at competing with either Sam or now in fact our new qb. 

Even if the kid gets a chance through injury he’s not going to ever had starter snaps or any game time snaps. Very ****ty position to be in. Hated the pick at the time and nothing has changed my opinion on that since. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If Jets passed on Azeez at 23 because of medical red flag, I could not see them taking him at 34.   34 is still as good as 1st round value.

Think Ricky means the 34 defense. 

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Smith was the best receiver/player in college football last year. Not my opinion that’s the just fact as he won the Heisman. So if a guy like that won’t start when we will run a lot of 3 receivers packages doesn’t seem likely. 

So if Chase fell to #23 would you not take him? Surely the same rules apply?? 

As I have repeatedly said, I love Smith and would love to have him on this team. Just not in first round. I have not seen Chase play, so I can’t comment on him, but Smith was the best WR in CFB last year.  And no, I would not select Chase. You are obviously assuming I have an issue with Smith. Let me be real clear. I do not want any WR in rounds one or 2 this year. Just like RB at 23 or 34, if we get one of the top prospects I will be happy. Can’t go wrong with adding talent. I would just rather get a CB, iOL, OLB at those spots. You know, fix both the O and D.