2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I tried to find information about 1983 draft class.  I knew John Elway was clearly number one qb but what about the rest? 

What was the consensus for qb class coming out of NCAA?  Please don't use NFL career to alter their draft status.  @xrade @doumeyer @Rich51    Maybe @KingOfNewYork

There was a 30 for 30 doc on it a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

La Canfora usually gets good information but Jets brass has kept everything under the lid really well.

LaCranfora along with the rest of the media is doing nothing more than we are doing. Connecting dots based on scant info, scheme, previous experience by coaches, etc. We have 4 days until the obvious pick and 5 days until the really interesting **** starts. 

The Jets have already done a great job on the draft. They are keeping everything on the down low and we all assume it will be Zach Wilon at 2 but we are not 100% sure yet. We have zero idea what they will do at 23. 

On a side not I reday a great article about Alex Smith and his days at Utah and how he changed college football. I had no idea when Alex was QB of his high school football team his RB was Reggie Bush. Man that is crazy for a high school team to have those two guys together like that. 

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I remember seeing another report about us being interested.  I love him as a 34 olb , but don't know how well he would do in the 43. 

I have to assume that he has frame to carry 265 in time.  Rotational edge for now and grow him into 7-9T.