2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, xrade said:

So, Bridgewater is trade to Denver for a 6th round pick. Caroline is supposedly eating 70% of Teddys salary as well. Good deal for Denver. Kind of wish JD would have made that deal and fill out vet QB hole. 

Panthers did right by him in trading him to a place where he can compete for a starting job. That's not gonna happen here with Wilson.

19 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Panthers did right by him in trading him to a place where he can compete for a starting job. That's not gonna happen here with Wilson.

He may not be guaranteed a starting gig. About all he can be guaranteed is that there will be a camp competition. At least here, he would probably start the first half of the season. 

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

He may not be guaranteed a starting gig. About all he can be guaranteed is that there will be a camp competition. At least here, he would probably start the first half of the season. 

No he probably wouldn't, and we already gave him this treatment with the last rookie QB we drafted in the top 3. 

46 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Kind of why I hated the Morgan pick last year

Yeah it was kind of a wasted pick. But if you take into account that he was in Philly when Wentz went down and they won the SB with a career backup journeyman, he probably values a decent young career backup QB. Personally, I think he could have got that through FA or later in the draft. Cie la vie.

Who knows, maybe he lights it up in preseason or gets in a couple of games and does well and we trade him for a Garappolo like return. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Yeah it was kind of a wasted pick. But if you take into account that he was in Philly when Wentz went down and they won the SB with a career backup journeyman, he probably values a decent young career backup QB. Personally, I think he could have got that through FA or later in the draft. Cie la vie.

Who knows, maybe he lights it up in preseason or gets in a couple of games and does well and we trade him for a Garappolo like return. 

The Morgan pick will show its value or lack of eventually. Like you said tho he's been part of organizations where teams have won Superb Owls with backup Quarterbacks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Listened to a podcast with Kiper and McShay and there are some good WRs we can steal in the 3rd.  They talked about a bunch of guys I thought were 2nd-3rd rounders that are now fringe 1st round guys or going early 2nd.  Would love for Moore and Toney to fall.

I love Amon Ra St Brown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

As I have repeatedly said, I love Smith and would love to have him on this team. Just not in first round. I have not seen Chase play, so I can’t comment on him, but Smith was the best WR in CFB last year.  And no, I would not select Chase. You are obviously assuming I have an issue with Smith. Let me be real clear. I do not want any WR in rounds one or 2 this year. Just like RB at 23 or 34, if we get one of the top prospects I will be happy. Can’t go wrong with adding talent. I would just rather get a CB, iOL, OLB at those spots. You know, fix both the O and D.

Nah I wanted to know if it was the prospect or the position. Clearly if you don’t want Chase or Smith in the 1st it’s a position based assumption rather than the players evaluation. Will agree to disagree because I can’t see how not adding a number one receiver wouldn’t be a huge thing. It’s really a moot point as I believe Chase, Waddle and Smith will all be gone by the time #23 rolls around. 

55 minutes ago, xrade said:

53 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The Morgan pick will show its value or lack of eventually. Like you said tho he's been part of organizations where teams have won Superb Owls with backup Quarterbacks. 

Not many 4th round backup qbs get flipped for a draft haul. Even fewer go on to become super bowl champions. It’s not like Morgan explicably fell or has franchise qb traits like Dax or Russell who both slipped in the draft. 

Just seems a real waste of a pick and also a waste for the kid Morgan too. Like what chance has he got know after the trade of Sam and presumable pick of Zach. 

6 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Not many 4th round backup qbs get flipped for a draft haul. Even fewer go on to become super bowl champions. It’s not like Morgan explicably fell or has franchise qb traits like Dax or Russell who both slipped in the draft. 

Just seems a real waste of a pick and also a waste for the kid Morgan too. Like what chance has he got know after the trade of Sam and presumable pick of Zach. 

Never know, kid has talent, he was never gonna play last year anyway. We'll see, tho. A backup QB is usually "break in case of emergency"

59 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Probably. I was grasping at straws trying to understand why JD picked him. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Will agree to disagree because I can’t see how not adding a number one receiver wouldn’t be a huge thing

Agreed, I think. My whole stance is that I would rather fill obvious holes than pick a player that won’t start most likely that high this year. BPA is a great approach when you are not as talent deficient on both sides of the ball as the Jets. Come 2023 or maybe even next year, that is when you start looking at BPA and players to takeover for starters whose contract is up. Kind of like Pitt does with WR and NE does with OL.