Week 4: DOUGIE P TAKES LA: Eagles (2-1) vs Chargers (0-3) GDT

EaglesPeteC

We really need a win here for our playoff aspirations to stay strong. For a winless team though, the Chargers are good. Very solid defense, and they still have Rivers at QB. He could torch us if he's playing on his A game and we're struggling to get pressure, which could be the case without Cox. Our defense is like a man, in that it is nothing without its' Cox.

There is a lot of key injuries in this one, and Eagles will need some of their secondary to come back against a very good QB in Phillip Rivers.  Chargers are a lot better than their record indicates, and they have a lot of offensive threats.  They also got great defensive ends.

Eagles defense struggled against giants not because they had a good Qb, or even OBJ, but rather their secondary is decimated and because of that they have to play soft allowing quick passes.  This takes away Eagles number one perk in having a great front 7.  This defense is built to be aggressive. If we get some safeties back this week, and cox returns I would be much more comfortable.  If not, then Wentz will have to have a big game.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think there will be a good showing by Eagles fans at this game. There are lots of them in Southern California.

Wish I could be there.

I will be there 12/10 vs the Rams faded. Wish I could go to this game too, but fell short.

15 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

standing right here bro. I would estimate my my 40 yard dash to be somewhere in the region of 2 minutes. so basically im better than Mills

Same lack of shame too. You’d get completely burned by a mediocre WR, but when the QB makes a bad throw resulting in an incomplete pass you gotta finger wag and flex like you did something lol

Not sure if its' been addressed, but DougieP has an analytics guy in the booth at games http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/22272/math-movement-eagles-analytics-team-has-direct-line-to-doug-pederson-in-game

"Yeah, it was something I discussed with the guy that's helping me upstairs with some of the analytics," Pederson began.

I can understand calls being made in certain situations, but not when your defense is dealing with all sorts of injuries. 

Having an analytics guy is fine. But when that analytics guy says go for it on 4th and 8 that guy needs to be fired. And when the HC blindly agrees with an analytics guy to go for it on 4th and 8 there’s something wrong.

The HC and playcaller (both Doug) needs to exercise situational awareness. Ostensibly, we don’t pay the analytics guy to do that.

Archived