Should Redskins trade for Leonard fournette

Geno

When's the last time we had a 1000 yards running back Leonard fournette here's a  1000 yards running back he still young at age 25 he cannot hurt the Redskins I want to make them stronger at running back trade derrius guice and a third round draft pick for fournette we haven't had a 1000 running back in 3 or 4 years I'm tired of losing , I have been a Redskins fans for 30 years and I'm tired of losing it's time to do something different this is why we are beat up every year

1 hour ago, Geno said:

When's the last time we had a 1000 yards running back Leonard fournette here's a  1000 yards running back he still young at age 25 he cannot hurt the Redskins I want to make them stronger at running back trade derrius guice and a third round draft pick for fournette we haven't had a 1000 running back in 3 or 4 years I'm tired of losing , I have been a Redskins fans for 30 years and I'm tired of losing it's time to do something different this is why we are beat up every year

AP had 1000 the year before last. This year who cares if one gets to 1000 if our stable of backs are used properly. And if Guice stays healthy he’s very very very capable of 1000 plus. Not to mention Gibson could be a 600,600 type guy year one and that will be a extension of our run game. Fournette wouldn’t replace Guice he can catch. Fournette has all world talent with what seems like a little league attitude like most the big names Jacksonville seems to have in the news. He hasn’t lived up to his hype or even talent except the year they had their playoff run. I’ll pass I think this season will show just how talented the youth of our roster really is. He is young but he’s at best a 1 year rental. He will demand big money if he produces and he hasn’t shown the type of drive I want to shell out to a position I actually think has a ton of talent. Potential doesn’t equal results but with all the assets recently spent on the position I say it’s more likely we get more production from those pieces then Fournette will contribute. We’ve spent enough draft capital on that position. Paying this guy would ultimately be a mistake IMO. We are going to have a lot of home grown guys coming up for deals don’t give up picks and compensation that we can use to keep our guys who will have earned that money for producing results for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

AP had 1000 the year before last. This year who cares if one gets to 1000 if our stable of backs are used properly. And if Guice stays healthy he’s very very very capable of 1000 plus. Not to mention Gibson could be a 600,600 type guy year one and that will be a extension of our run game. Fournette wouldn’t replace Guice bc Guice can catch.

Fournette has all world talent with what seems like a little league attitude like most the big names Jacksonville seems to have in the news. He hasn’t lived up to his hype or even talent except the year they had their playoff run.

I’ll pass, I think this season will show just how talented the youth of our roster really is. He is young but he’s at best a 1 year rental. He will demand big money if he produces and he hasn’t shown the type of drive I want to shell out to a position I actually think has a ton of talent.

Potential doesn’t equal results but with all the assets recently spent on the position I say it’s more likely we get more production from those pieces then Fournette will contribute.

We’ve spent enough draft capital on that position. Paying this guy would ultimately be a mistake IMO. We are going to have a lot of home grown guys coming up for deals don’t give up picks and compensation that we can use to keep our guys who will have earned that money for producing results for us. 

And Peterson would have had 1,000 yards last year if Gruden didn’t bench him week 1, which honestly probably was the main reason why we lost that game - in retrospect a good thing bc it lead us to getting Chase Young. We had a lead we couldn’t keep vs the Eagles bc we couldn’t run the ball in the 2nd half bc Guice had gotten hurt again. That’s why @lavar703 called Gruden a “dumb dumb.” 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And Peterson would have had 1,000 yards last year if Gruden didn’t bench him week 1, which honestly probably was the main reason why we lost that game - in retrospect a good thing bc it lead us to getting Chase Young. We had a lead we couldn’t keep vs the Eagles bc we couldn’t run the ball in the 2nd half bc Guice had gotten hurt again. That’s why @lavar703 called Gruden a “dumb dumb.” 

Well it was completely fouling to not dress him. But Jay and Bruce finally did something right and landed us Chase Young!!! Now we just need Micha Parsons or the TE from Penn St and I will say I’m really really happy. Parsons would be completely unworldly behind this line. And can get after the QB. That guy takes this defense over the top

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Well it was completely fouling to not dress him. But Jay and Bruce finally did something right and landed us Chase Young!!! Now we just need Micha Parsons or the TE from Penn St and I will say I’m really really happy. Parsons would be completely unworldly behind this line. And can get after the QB. That guy takes this defense over the top

It depends on the development of our LT position for me on what we do round 1 next year. If Lucas, Charles and Christian don’t get the job done at LT, I think we’ll be forced to take Sewell if he’s available with our first round pick.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It depends on the development of our LT position for me what we do round 1 next year. If Lucas, Charles and Christian don’t get the job done I think we’ll be forced to take Sewell if he’s available with our first round pick.

Well if we’re picking Sewell then I believe those three failed because our record is around last years maybe one more win. But Charles can play. Can he not be a distraction off the field? That’s the question. I hope he honey badgers it and gets himself focused on being a pro. My projection is based on my prediction for what I think the team along with Charles will show. I think Charles really shows he belongs by mid season. Technician. He might not be the strongest LT but the guy is battle tested. Burrow never had back side pressure once Charles lines up at LT. Burrow would hold the ball and Charles was their best OL. If the season goes the Sewell direction we may even be talking QB. But if we improve and have a 6-10 season and are really showing improvement and giving teams fits the last half of the year Parsons is my guy. Parsons would be the best MLB by far we’ve had since London. And he has the talent to be a all pro

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geno said:

1,000 yards means nothing.  He only averaged 4.3 and 3.9 yards per carry in his two 1,000 yard seasons.  He's not a good RB.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

1,000 yards means nothing.  He only averaged 4.3 and 3.9 yards per carry in his two 1,000 yard seasons.  He's not a good RB.  

He just doesn’t fit what clearly this team is trying to do along with what you just said. Fournette has been a huge disappointment. He’s one dimensional and he has been surpassed by almost every other back in that class. There’s a reason the team that valued him enough to draft him top 5 is moving on. He’s had about as much impact as Darren McFadden and that’s not upgrading the RB room. Different players obviously but just both are physically gifted and just don’t impact the game nowhere close to their abilities. Let the Giants overpay him. This actually seems like a really Eagles type addition

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:20 PM, Geno said:

I would welcome a trade for Leonard fournette but will not give up a first-round pick a third-round pick and running back derrius guice and or defensive lineman we need help on the running back our running backs are mediocre only good for other team back up we need a good and young running back I do not trust derrius guice how are the running backs will be good enough for a backup role and we need to sign Cam Newton our offense needs to be explosive

Nfl players are assets. They hate this analogy but it’s true. So the question isn’t should we trade for a player- it’s what should we trade for a player. 

of course I’d consider a trade for him. Is the price a 7th or a 6th? Sure.  Jacksonville has a terrible OL and Fournette is better than he’s showed there. He’s a perfect piece for the Steelers and I think would be valuable on the redskins easing a lot of question marks we have at RB. Then when he leaves, if we don’t want to resign him, we get a dividend in a comp pick 

I would pass on this one. A lot of smoke coming out of Jacksonville regarding his attitude, although in fairness, that seems to be going around down there (Ramsey, Ngakoue, etc). I’d rather see what we have in Guice — who I think has looked better than Fournette when on the field — and Love and Gibson. And then draft a future RB (who will be comparatively cheap) in the next couple drafts if they can’t cut it. Using Fournette in the way he should be used, as a high-volume bruiser, inevitably means cutting opportunities for those others to audition. I wouldn’t pay some price in assets for the right to do that.

Off the thread topic, but who has to be “forced” to take Penei Sewell? He’s incredible. It’s like saying we would have been “forced” to take Chase Young if we hadn’t taken Sweat the year before. We may get “forced” to take a guy like Walker Little or Alex Leatherwood if these OTs all stink and we’re not picking high enough to get Penei. But someone who doesn’t need a QB in the top 3 or 4 picks will “get” to take Penei Sewell.