2021 Draft Talk

swede700

7 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Jets having a very nice draft

Very true but it does seem odd that the Vikings got Darrisaw, Wyatt Davis and Mond for Vera-Tucker.  Sure that might workout for both teams but that is a lot of talent and potentially two starters on the OL for the Vikings for just giving up Vera-Tucker.

I do not see him as the next Zach Martin or something, will see what happens.  But yeah Jets are doing well, got a steal with Carter who is a great back and Moore was a steal also as a big time playmaker.  Still that defense is questionable, did sign Rankins and Carl Lawson which is good, those corners are a question but did get Joyner but he is more of a safety.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Very true but it does seem odd that the Vikings got Darrisaw, Wyatt Davis and Mond for Vera-Tucker.  Sure that might workout for both teams but that is a lot of talent and potentially two starters on the OL for the Vikings for just giving up Vera-Tucker.

I do not see him as the next Zach Martin or something, will see what happens.  But yeah Jets are doing well, got a steal with Carter who is a great back and Moore was a steal also as a big time playmaker.  Still that defense is questionable, did sign Rankins and Carl Lawson which is good, those corners are a question but did get Joyner but he is more of a safety.

No I agree the Vikings won that trade. But otherwise, they've had a very nice draft. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

No I agree the Vikings won that trade. But otherwise, they've had a very nice draft. 

The Lions are having a very good draft, a lot of solid players.  Too bad for them they have Jared Goff as the QB, will be curious how he looks without McVay as his playcalling HC. 

Just now, byuvike88 said:

We have had 8 picks so far. ESPN has had 3 commercial breaks...

Yeah it is almost too many, once they address safety, RB, WR and maybe get a kicker I would trade some of those for next years picks.  Not sure they need them all or can pay them all honestly but who knows maybe just keep taking OL.  Trey Smith is still around...

Strengths

Elite testing numbers for a running back.

Rocked-up physique with desirable size.

Excellent worker with high-end intelligence.

Uses size and strength to create push into the pile.

Adequate open-field speed to hit the chunk play.

Finishes with pad drop to drive through the tackler.

Has no fumbles over his 146 career carries.

Talented kick-returner.

Size shows up in rare opportunities to pass protect.

Just now, byuvike88 said:

Man what the heck? We will take a 3rd RB before we take a 3rd WR. I don't get it

Going to be interesting what they say about him, I thought Breece Hall was the only RB on Iowa State.  I assume this guys is a HB/FB type or something.  Will be interesting to watch the highlights and see what is said, I am not aware of this dude at all.