2021 Draft Talk

swede700

In a Covid year with limited post-season assessment, Vikings have picked 3 players from the senior bowl. 

only ones that weren’t are the two OL

Edited by RpMc

8 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I will say I hope this extinguishes the last of the excuses for #8.

I suppose that would depend on how Darrisaw and Davis perform. If they're turnstiles, then the OL excuse will persist. But if they're even slightly above average, then Cousins' line should be the best he's had. 

• Like 2

So much talent is still on the board.

my targets for round 4 tomorrow 

DT - Jaylen Twyman

S - Caden Sterns

CB - Shaun Wade

then in the 5th 

WR - Bussey Jr

HB - Javian Hawkins

and finish the 6th with a player that has fell for w/e reason

possibilities:

LB - Moses

S - Johnson

TE - Jordan

CB - Griffin

Edge - E.Smith

28 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Was he injured?  I thought his play just fell off after moving outside 

That’s part of it I’m sure. Had off-season surgery, fought his turf toe issue all year. COVID season. 

id still love to see him. With the unknown of Gladney, I’d love to see him under Alexander as a Nickle guy. Even work at safety. 

14 minutes ago, Boda said:

So much talent is still on the board.

my targets for round 4 tomorrow 

DT - Jaylen Twyman

S - Caden Sterns

CB - Shaun Wade

then in the 5th 

WR - Bussey Jr

HB - Javian Hawkins

and finish the 6th with a player that has fell for w/e reason

possibilities:

LB - Moses

S - Johnson

TE - Jordan

CB - Griffin

Edge - E.Smith

I agree I would like Sterns, I would throw LeCounte into that mix because his poor times had a lot to do with his injuries, kid can ball though.  Twyman I would love as well, sucks he sat out and obviously that has hurt his draft stock big time but Nixon might be a better pick and surprised he is still around.  Seems like Vikings should go safety with the first 4th rounder they have, that position only has two good players at it and need some depth obviously.

Sucks Vikings had to pass on Ben Cleveland, Meinerz and lesser extend Hainsey but honestly they already have an 'athletic' OG in Ezra Cleveland hopefully.  So getting a more power guy is nice Davis has a thick strong base and powerful hands.  Sure got hurt this season and did not play as well probably because of it, so that hurt him as well as not having great workout numbers.  But I had him as the 1st OG off the board in the preseason and a 1st round pick, so dude has been an elite guard at a big time program for multiple years now, elite level talent and really is a steal in the 3rd.  Will be curious how he plays compared to those other guys but again they already have an athletic OG in Ezra so why not go with some power for once.

giphy.gif

Wyatt Davis #52 did this to Joe Tryon, 1st round pick for the Bucs.  Lays him out multiple times, 3 times actually on the same play and Tryon is like an adonis type dude, man on the right in this photo.  So yeah Davis can get after it when healthy, has some powerful hands and can knock dudes back.

10325344.jpg

Even as a 4 yr starter Mond will only be 22 for this coming year.  Accuracy looks below average.

Surratt is already 24 so I don't really know what is ceiling is?  Nice to get a weapon at that spot.

Davis is coming of a injury which had him slide, with a so-so year this year as well but was once considered 1st material.

Patrick Jones ll Has nice size and will be in the rotation early.