All time career wasted team

Kiwibrown

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because RBs are the least important offensive piece. 

PS Archie Manning was trash.

Completely agree on RB. Cam Akers can be a HOFer still don’t like taking a 2nd round RB.

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Rodgers can make every throw with pin point accuracy inside and outside the pocket better than anyone else ever did 

Were going to have to disagree. Marino has all the accuracy of rodgers with a much quicker release and about twice the arm strength.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Were going to have to disagree. Marino has all the accuracy of rodgers with a much quicker release and about twice the arm strength.

You must not watch packer games. Rodgers has tremendous arm strength. 

People often think he lacks arm strength because of his size. 

Dude can make about any throw from different arm angles. As a former QB, I can tell you that’s super impressive. 

The only other person who has similar traits is Mahomes, but Rodgers is more accurate .

Josh Allen could also but he lacks accuracy in general 

Rodgers has all time great arm talent, unlike anything we’ve seen, especially because of his size 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

You must not watch packer games. Rodgers has tremendous arm strength. 

People often think he lacks arm strength because of his size. 

Dude can make about any throw from different arm angles. As a former QB, I can tell you that’s super impressive. 

The only other person who has similar traits is Mahomes, but Rodgers is more accurate .

Josh Allen could also but he lacks accuracy in general 

Dude I have seen about 50 Rodgers games. I know he is amazing. One of the best QBs ever. He is *NOT* the pure passer Marino is. He does not have Marinos release nor his ability to put that pure amount of velocity. 

Just watch 30 seconds. Look at those insane releases. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude I have seen about 50 Rodgers games. I know he is amazing. One of the best QBs ever. He is *NOT* the pure passer Marino is. He does not have Marinos release nor his ability to put that pure amount of velocity. 

Just watch 30 seconds. Look at those insane releases. 

I didn’t say Marino wasn’t great.

I have Marino after Rodgers as a pure passer. 

No question Marino prolly has the best release of all time  

But Rodger’s accuracy and the way his balls travel, (pause) in my mind makes him a more talented passer than Marino 

Edited by rocky_rams

15 hours ago, jyod21 said:

OJ Simpson 

This. He's the poster-boy for the best runningback IMO. I can't think of another runner who was super good that had a worse situation. Another guy that comes to mind though is Chris Warren for the Seahawks. He was a good runningback that wasted the majority of his career with a losing franchise. Put up some good seasons in spite of a terrible cast. On that same team Cortez Kennedy, one of the best defensive linemen ever would qualify for this hypothetical squad.

• Like 1

BTW, no one said Lee Roy Selmon yet. Great player that wasted his career with Tampa. Jimmie Giles, one of the better tight ends at the time also languished on the same squad. 

Henry Ellard played most of his career with the Rams, who at best made some noise a couple of times during the 80's. Largely the division was dominated by the 49ers of course :)

Mike Kenn, a tackle who should be in the HOF, played his entire career for the Atlanta Falcons (1978-1994). Never even saw a championship game. Jesse Tuggle was a good linebacker for Atlanta that also played his entire career (1987-2000) there. He was at least able to get to a Super Bowl in 1998, but most of his years were spent with a fledgling franchise. 

Also Aaron Schobel. Buffalo DE that played from 2001 to 2009. Never played in a playoff game, but was pretty good player at racked up around 10 sacks a year. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

As far as passers go, I do wonder if Lynn Dickey would have been something better if he was put in a better situation. Green Bay as an organization was so bad at the time. Despite this, the Packers offense led by Dickey was able to at least put up a lot of points in the early 80's. Perhaps if he was with a team like Dallas or Pittsburgh in the 70's or San Francisco when Walsh came around in 1979, he could have been a quality starter. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, theJ said:

Ok.  I'm just confused how that fits into the conversation.  I think you need to connect the dots for me.

Justin Smith's move to SF was good for Aldon smith as well because Smith (of the Justin variety) ate fools up and cleaned up blockers for auxiliary pass rushers. It's not that relevent outside we were already discussing Justin Smith's move being positive.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Rodgers is better 

Sure, maybe.

I remember watching him when he was almost done. Dolphins had this tall WR, Oronde Gadsen. He was OK for a couple years. 

Anyway, Oronde runs a deep clearing route, and definitely didn't think the ball was coming to him. No one covered him, he was wide open. But Oronde didn't even look back. Marino threw it to him, and hit Gadsen in the back of the head, 30 yards downfield. If Oronde had turned around, Marino woulda stuck it in his facemask.  

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

On that same team Cortez Kennedy, one of the best defensive linemen ever would qualify for this hypothetical squad

DPOY on a 2-14 team, so he's a shoo in.