All time career wasted team

Kiwibrown

14 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Fitzgerald was one play away from winning a SB and got to another NFC Championship game. I don't know if it's the best example.

He literally carried them that second time, though. I mean, Larry Legend has had John Skelton, Max Hall, Matt Leinart, Kevin Kolb, Logan Thomas (yes, the TIGHT END), Sam Bradford, Josh Rosen, and Blaine Gabbert as his starting QBs. Kyler is his best QB since 2015 and he didn't even throw 20 TDs last season. Yet Fitz has still had multiple 1,000+ yard seasons in that span and been consistently productive at his age. Even last year, until down the stretch when Kirk got hot, if Larry didn't make a play in the passing game, nobody did. And he had his most productive start to the season in his career. Then what happened? The Cardinals had a "good" season where they wound up "only" picking eight overall in the draft. Shoot, that magical 2015 run where Carson Palmer's broken thumb ruined everything seems like a lifetime ago.

Larry's career has absolutely been wasted. One of the best to ever play the game and nothing to show for it.

The same can be said for Philip Rivers. 

I'd argue that DeAndre Hopkins could be on the team, as well, considering how poorly-run that Texans franchise has been. I mean, Nuk got drafted, balled out, and had Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, TJ Yates, Brandon Weeden, Tom Savage, and Brock Osweiler as his starting QBs until they drafted Deshaun. Then they got Deshaun, the person who wanted him and made sure he was drafted got fired, they traded away Duane Brown and lost Derek Newton to a catastrophic injury. Gave him zero protection. Mortgaged their future for the offensive line with minimal results (the OL was the Texans' highest-paid position group BEFORE the Tunsil contract), aside from the Tunsil trade, which got them decent protection, but they spent lots of draft capital and the most money in league history on a single OT in the process. Through this whole time, Nuk has been pretty much the only weapon in that offense. Sure, Fuller has been splashy for stretches, but he also has no idea what he's doing out there sometimes and is constantly off the field due to injury. No TEs to speak of, no complimentary receivers for most of Nuk's career. And now he's been traded away from the Texans team that hasn't ever really managed to be anything besides okay, and that's only due to the combined efforts of JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins.

So yeah, Hopkins and JJ should absolutely be on the list.

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What is he NFL all time team for career wasted by spending it with a bad franchise?

Define "bad franchise" and then I will try to answer. Because you have some head scratchers. Tyron Smith has been on the #1 regular season team twice almost 3 times. Barry Sanders teams were usually pretty good. The Bengals went to the playoffs a bunch. Texans have gone to the playoffs a bunch of times. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Define "bad franchise" and then I will try to answer. Because you have some head scratchers. Tyron Smith has been on the #1 regular season team twice almost 3 times. Barry Sanders teams were usually pretty good. The Bengals went to the playoffs a bunch. Texans have gone to the playoffs a bunch of times. 

someone else mentioned him so I put him in. I havent gone through the whole list. 

1 minute ago, ClutchDJ said:

So basically, if you didn’t win a ring, your career was wasted?

Alright.

im not a fan of that idea to be honest either. 

If you are a browns fan and a cowboys fan the idea of what a bad franchise is a lot different. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

im not a fan of that idea to be honest either. 

If you are a browns fan and a cowboys fan the idea of what a bad franchise is a lot different. 

Not to mention that these players continually sign contracts with the franchise that has been “wasting” them. Doesn’t seem like the players themselves think they’re being wasted if they’re still there.

Some of the names mentioned are hilarious, too. Philip Rivers? Really? That guy is responsible for his own shortcomings in both the regular & especially the postseason.

3 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Not to mention that these players continually sign contracts with the franchise that has been “wasting” them. Doesn’t seem like the players themselves think they’re being wasted if they’re still there.

Some of the names mentioned are hilarious, too. Philip Rivers? Really? That guy is responsible for his own shortcomings in both the regular & especially the postseason.

I guess joe Thomas is the gold standard and probably archie manning oo, great players that played well  on bad bad teams.