• Budweiser
    • PBR
    • Busch/Busch Light
    • Natty, Keystone, Milwaukee, Other low-end
    • Other (specify)
    • Don't Drink Beer
    • Don't Drink

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So you're saying you can drink 12 beers with 10% abv and only then have a buzz, not be anywhere near drunk?

It depends on time frame, but if I drank 12 beers at 10% I'd probably be drunk. Not like stumbling, slurring my words drunk, but I'd be feeling good. At least a really good buzz.

Though when I'm drinking beer at that abv level I don't drink 12 of them.

Usually when I drink beer I get full before feeling anything. I'm a big guy and I've been drinking for around 20 years, so I have a pretty good tolerance. It takes liquor to get me drunk these days.

27 minutes ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

It depends on time frame, but if I drank 12 beers at 10% I'd probably be drunk. Not like stumbling, slurring my words drunk, but I'd be feeling good. At least a really good buzz.

Though when I'm drinking beer at that abv level I don't drink 12 of them.

Usually when I drink beer I get full before feeling anything. I'm a big guy and I've been drinking for around 20 years, so I have a pretty good tolerance. It takes liquor to get me drunk these days.

So....back to my previous point about being an alcoholic.

My tolerance isn't as good as it used to be. Which is good. I was probably bordering on being an alcoholic (or just flat out one). I could throw back a dirty 30 over the course of the day; and I did consistently. And I would drink every night after work.

I remember one day hanging out with a couple buddies and drinking three 30 packs and three pints among us. THEN we walked to a party and drank more. Bad times. Well, they were fun times. But I was (unknowingly) heading down a bad path.

Now I just drink sometimes on the weekends.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You must be such a big drinker and a real stud.

I'm impressed.

My tolerance is weaker than it used to be after I got mono and kept drinking when my liver wasn’t processing it right tbh

im just saying an adult male who has been drinking for 20 years could easily handle plenty of bud lights without feeling drunk 

i just had 6 at dinner and am feeling slightly buzzed. Not drunk tho. 

6 minutes ago, thelawoffices said:

My tolerance is weaker than it used to be after I got mono and kept drinking when my liver wasn’t processing it right tbh

im just saying an adult male who has been drinking for 20 years could easily handle plenty of bud lights without feeling drunk 

i just had 6 at dinner and am feeling slightly buzzed. Not drunk tho. 

I didn't say 6 beers should get someone plastered.

The previous gentlemen stated he could drink 10-12 beers and feel NOTHING. 

That's either a man who looks like The Mountain, a liar or a drunk.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I didn't say 6 beers should get someone plastered.

The previous gentlemen stated he could drink 10-12 beers and feel NOTHING. 

That's either a man who looks like The Mountain, a liar or a drunk.

Not the mountain, but I am 6'4" 280 lbs, and as stated before, been drinking around 20 years. I've built up a tolerance. 

And I don't drink all the time either. I actually drink a lot less these days than I used to, but yes, I can still drink a 12 pack of a regular, domestic, basically 'flavored' (I use that term loosely lol) water, 4.5% abv beer and feel nothing. I mean, if I poured them all into one giant 144 oz container and drank it all at once (though I'd get full before finishing it), yeah I'd probably get a buzz for a few minutes.

16 minutes ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Not the mountain, but I am 6'4" 280 lbs, and as stated before, been drinking around 20 years. I've built up a tolerance. 

And I don't drink all the time either. I actually drink a lot less these days than I used to, but yes, I can still drink a 12 pack of a regular, domestic, basically 'flavored' (I use that term loosely lol) water, 4.5% abv beer and feel nothing. I mean, if I poured them all into one giant 144 oz container and drank it all at once (though I'd get full before finishing it), yeah I'd probably get a buzz for a few minutes.

I'd be curious as to whether a breathalyzer would agree with you.

I'd bet the next round that it wouldn't.

Archived