• Miller Light
    • Budweiser
    • PBR
    • Busch/Busch Light
    • Natty, Keystone, Milwaukee, Other low-end
    • Other (specify)
    • Don't Drink Beer
    • Don't Drink

But really, i wouldn't say my "favourite" beer is a macro/domestic thing...but they're by far the ones i drink the most of by volume.  I can enjoy some more robust beers, but it's usually like one or two and i'm ready to move on.  I even have a slate of like intermediate beers i like quite a bit.  But sometimes...i just don't want that much flavour in my beer.  I just want a nice beer flavour and a lot of liquid and some alcohol in it so i have something by my side to drink at all times.  Complex tastes are less refreshing and more tiresome than simpler ones.  Same way i want a simple water when i'm extremely thirsty.

My go-to macro is probably Kokanee.  Depends on where i am though.  Out east, it doesn't seem to exist much.  So i tend to gravitate toward Labbatt Blue, or Oland Ex if i'm really east.  Been buying some flats of PBR lately because it's fine, though until recently i barely ever even saw it here.  I'm really flexible and like to change it up with my cheap beers though.  I like trying out different macros and stuff.

I do have a really hard time with "light" beers though.  They cross a threshold for me, where it's just questionable if i'm even drinking a beer or not.  And a lot of the American macros like Budweiser are just no beuno for me.  Why is there rice in it even?  And why do they proudly broadcast that in their advertisements?  Weird stuff man.

In college it was keystone light for me.  Based 100% on its low price.  There was a big rivalry between the keystone drinkers and the Busch drinkers.

around my junior/senior year of college o started working at jimmy johns and worked my way up to $8.50 an hour.  Making the big bucks.  That combined with me so close to graduating I figured I had to start thinking about the real world and make some changes in my life.  That's when bud light became my go to.

Now that I'm older and making a tad more than $8.50 an hour, there's nothing a 6er of Sam Adams Boston Lager can't solve.

If we're qualifying that it has to be a macrobrew, the only one I'll drink without it being literally the only option available is Banquet Beer.  As far as fairly-well-proliferated "micro" brews?  Oskar Blues (basically anything of theirs but the Old Chub, mostly because I had a bad experience with Old Chub - while I was also on the front end of the flu and hadn't realized it yet - that's scarred me for life on the stuff) or - though you can't get it as easily out West as I'd like - Yeungling.

19 hours ago, CBears019 said:

In college it was keystone light for me.  Based 100% on its low price.  There was a big rivalry between the keystone drinkers and the Busch drinkers.

around my junior/senior year of college o started working at jimmy johns and worked my way up to $8.50 an hour.  Making the big bucks.  That combined with me so close to graduating I figured I had to start thinking about the real world and make some changes in my life.  That's when bud light became my go to.

Now that I'm older and making a tad more than $8.50 an hour, there's nothing a 6er of Sam Adams Boston Lager can't solve.

Sounds a lot like me. I typically drink Corona, Heinken, Various Oktoberfest or Christmas Ale now depending on the season, but the progression was pretty similar.

11 hours ago, BLick12 said:

I'll typically drink anything but I do think Coors Original is criminally underrated.  Also, the combination of Bud Light bottle or draught and buffalo wings will always have a special place in my heart.

Genuinely it's the only thing made by the "major 3" that I find palatable.  Particularly since you really can't find actual Michelob anymore like you could ten years ago.

And yes, I'm counting the subsidiaries owned by those big three as well (hence including Michelob since it's owned by Anheiser) like Blue Moon (Coors), Leinenkugels (Miller), etc.

On 10/18/2017 at 4:02 PM, CBears019 said:

Lmaoooo I totally feel you on the first sentence. Where I went I drank Busch and never got caught drinking a Keystone Light. Too funny. 

Archived