Saints release G Larry Warford

RaidersAreOne

On 5/8/2020 at 10:20 PM, Raves said:

Saints *won a Super Bowl.. what has Houston done again.. .in either of it's interations?  

* Bountygate

You forgot the asterisk.  I just figured I would put that in there for you.  :P

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yet your posting different reasoning. so this basic logic you originally posted about wasnt what he said, but what you had to clean up for him. 10-4.

I've said the same thing repeatedly. If he was still a GOOD starting OG, someone would've offered a 7th to make sure they didn't have to compete with another OL needy team. That leads me, and clearly others, to believe that he wasn't that good last year. At least in the eyes of most NFL teams. Now that DOESNT mean that someone doesn't have a terrible OG where Warford would be a clear upgrade, especially if this lights a fire under him.

I still don't even know what you're disagreeing with. Are you just saying you still think Warford is a good OG? You have yet to clarify.

Edited by MookieMonstah

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yet your posting different reasoning. so this basic logic you originally posted about wasnt what he said, but what you had to clean up for him. 10-4.

I don’t think our arguments are nearly as different as you’d like to think they are. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:22 PM, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t think anyone will sign Clowney until he significantly lowers his demands. He’s often injured and I don’t think an upper echelon pass rusher. 

Ahh.  Someone with common sense.   Get so tired of hearing we should sign Clowney.    Tyrone Crawford is a good run defender and mediocre pass rusher.   Why would be get another Tyrone Crawford and double the price. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I've said the same thing repeatedly. If he was still a GOOD starting OG, someone would've offered a 7th to make sure they didn't have to compete with another OL needy team. That leads me, and clearly others, to believe that he wasn't that good last year. At least in the eyes of most NFL teams. Now that DOESNT mean that someone doesn't have a terrible OG where Warford would be a clear upgrade, especially if this lights a fire under him.

That’s what would logically make sense, but it doesn’t always work that way. We’ve seen good players get cut and signed, probably for several different reasons. Sometimes it’s respect, sometimes it’s value, sometimes it’s timing. I don’t think it’s 100% of the time: no trade = / = player must be seen as worthless (or at least, not even worth a 7th).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dome said:

I don’t think our arguments are nearly as different as you’d like to think they are. 

Well lets just make this real simple then. That way I can have a crystal clear understanding, are you saying the only way Warford or any other player is good is if theyre traded for a 7th (or other pick) instead of outright being cut?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Well lets just make this real simple then. That way I can have a crystal clear understanding, are you saying the only way Warford or any other player is good is if theyre traded for a 7th (or other pick) instead of outright being cut?

Holy strawman, Batman! 

No. I’ve never said anything even close to that.

Nice and simple. :)

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I don’t think it’s 100% of the time: no trade = / = player must be seen as worthless

Correct. And just because a player isn’t worthless doesn’t meant they’re good 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That’s what would logically make sense, but it doesn’t always work that way. We’ve seen good players get cut and signed, probably for several different reasons. Sometimes it’s respect, sometimes it’s value, sometimes it’s timing. I don’t think it’s 100% of the time: no trade = / = player must be seen as worthless (or at least, not even worth a 7th).

For reference, Tyrann Mathieu wasn't traded. Is that "telling" of anything? 

Whatever it was telling of was wrong...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I still don't even know what you're disagreeing with. Are you just saying you still think Warford is a good OG? You have yet to clarify.

So then by your logic, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Tod Gurley, and a slew of other good players arent good. And thats why they were cut. Or was it because of cap issues? hmmmm oh and Tyrann Mathieu lol thanks @ET80 lol

Edited by CHOMP_CHOMP
  • Like 2