HYPOTHETICALLY IF... cowboys Rescinded Franchise Tag

The_Slamman

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm finally seeing reality.  The team wins games.  Dak loses games.  Interesting.

Dont forget:

Coaching made the rest of the team suck

But Dak sucks because he couldnt carry them or overcome coaching.

The mental gymnastics in this forum are astonishing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Shame away. I said "Zekes best ability is to stay healthy" or something to that affect.

You said “His greatest attribute is that he gets a lot of touches.” (No comment on his health, on its face it’s just a comment on his heavy usage and ability to remain on the field for every down)

That’s not the same as saying “He has one elite skill, staying healthy (and blocking)” 

Like I said, you might have meant the same thing by making two different statements. But the statements aren’t the same and don’t mean the same thing without additional context 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont forget:

I try not to get too engaged but I am getting frustrated.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

You said “His greatest attribute is that he gets a lot of touches.” (No comment on his health, on its face it’s just a comment on his heavy usage and ability to remain on the field for every down)

That’s not the same as saying “He has one elite skill, staying healthy (and blocking)” 

Like I said, you might have meant the same thing by making two different statements. But the statements aren’t the same and don’t mean the same thing without additional context 

Can you get a lot of touches if you on IR? 

I think its close enough that the comments, while not interchangeable (you win), mean the same idea. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont forget:

I just don't understand people. From what I've seen is Dak develope and get better every year. On the flip side I seen Garrett and defensive staff diminish every year. There are 2 Qbs I would take right now to continue to build my franchise with other than Dak. Thats Wilson, and Mahomes. Everyone else has ? of health or lack of a higher ceiling than Dak.

• Like 1

Id like to amend one other thing I said in this thread. Zeke is also pretty elite at falling forward after every play. I think people want to make him Emmitt, but E's most elite attribute was his vision (along with durability). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Ha! No, Im just saying thats his strongest attribute.

No, you (many people) implied Dak is less important because of coaching

Being less important is not the same as improving with coaching. I said he is less important than both offensive and defensive lines and Zeke. Games have proven this. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont forget:

How many times did Dak not check out of playcalls that are horrible?? Freaking Aaron Rodgers changes his head coaches plays but Dak cant?? If hes elite why doesnt he have the green light?? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Being less important is not the same as improving with coaching. I said he is less important than both offensive and defensive lines and Zeke. Games have proven this. 

Wrong. And I challenge you to prove it. 

11 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

How many times did Dak not check out of playcalls that are horrible?? Freaking Aaron Rodgers changes his head coaches plays but Dak cant?? If hes elite why doesnt he have the green light?? 

He does? Dak audibles a literal fudge-ton. What makes you think he doesnt?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Wrong. And I challenge you to prove it. 

He does? Dak audibles a literal fudge-ton. What makes you think he doesnt?

From the comfort of my armchair QB's position I see Dak calling audibles a lot.  Hell my sons will say Dak's changing the play again.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Northland said:

From the comfort of my armchair QB's position I see Dak calling audibles a lot.  Hell my sons will say Dak's changing the play again.  

He really isn't changing plays.  He's just barking out gibberish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Id like to amend one other thing I said in this thread. Zeke is also pretty elite at falling forward after every play. I think people want to make him Emmitt, but E's most elite attribute was his vision (along with durability). 

I think what enamoured Jerry, Stephen and Garrett most with Zeke in that draft was how similar he was to Emmitt. Fast but not a burner. Tough but not a power runner. Shifty but not a slasher. Can catch but isn't one of those motion to slot tyes. Good vision but not that foresee it all type.

What makes Zeke so good is what also made Emmitt so good: Toughness, reliability, and a well rounded Jack of all trades skill set that keeps/kept them on the field down after down no matter the situation.

But the big difference is that after Zekes rookie year, falling forward has been more common to him than the dodged tackle, while Emmitt could make that first tackler miss throughout the bulk of his career. Not.a broken tackle where you escape then stumble off for 2 or 3 more before falling forward for another. But that true step where the tackler doesnt even touch you and you are one on one with the safety, one.more miss away from a 60 yard score. That's what Zeke has been lacking that would take him to the level a truly memorable all time great. 

• Like 1