The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

34 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I get that he needs to make some money, but IMO he doesn't offer enough "inside info" or anything like that to warrant a pay site. Basically paying for an opinion.

It's tough. He's the best Titans beat writer, but he certainly isn't groundbreaking. Most sports pay sites provide diverse coverage of multiple sports and with newspapers you obviously get local news and sports for the price.

PK deserves to get paid for his work. But I'm not sure if just Titans content from one writer is worth about $70 a year. The thing that makes The Athletic so intriguing is just how quickly they are branching out to every sport and national coverage. Which can justify the price. 

As much as I like PK, I'm not sure the same can be said for his site. For now I will have to give the new ESPN guy a shot and hope it's not bad.

I'm signing up on PK's site sometime in the next few days. I'm going to pay monthly to see how it all pans out  i'm not ready to commit to the one year membership. 

Anyone know podcast dedicated to Titans?

Edited by Farsendor1

49 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's tough. He's the best Titans beat writer, but he certainly isn't groundbreaking. Most sports pay sites provide diverse coverage of multiple sports and with newspapers you obviously get local news and sports for the price.

PK deserves to get paid for his work. But I'm not sure if just Titans content from one writer is worth about $70 a year. The thing that makes The Athletic so intriguing is just how quickly they are branching out to every sport and national coverage. Which can justify the price. 

As much as I like PK, I'm not sure the same can be said for his site. For now I will have to give the new ESPN guy a shot and hope it's not bad.

Oh I love PK. I think he is hands down the best Titans beat writer but for me to pay for a website, I need some solid inside information or things I cant get anywhere else. I used to pay for Rivals but the content stopped being truly inside info/only available on there so I stopped using it and haven't really had an issue. I hope PK is successful in this venture because I think he is one of the best in the biz, but I agree with you that without the multi-sport coverage it's tough to justify the $70 a year.

4 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Oh I love PK. I think he is hands down the best Titans beat writer but for me to pay for a website, I need some solid inside information or things I cant get anywhere else. I used to pay for Rivals but the content stopped being truly inside info/only available on there so I stopped using it and haven't really had an issue. I hope PK is successful in this venture because I think he is one of the best in the biz, but I agree with you that without the multi-sport coverage it's tough to justify the $70 a year.

I'm not totally writing it off. I'll see what others have to say ( @Farsendor1 will probably be called upon to offer a review at some point). 

If he adds a podcast and more content, I could be convinced. Especially if we are playing well at the halfway point and Cameron Wolfe is unimpressive.

19 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I'm not totally writing it off. I'll see what others have to say ( @Farsendor1 will probably be called upon to offer a review at some point). 

If he adds a podcast and more content, I could be convinced. Especially if we are playing well at the halfway point and Cameron Wolfe is unimpressive.

I'm thinking about just doing the $6/month membership throughout the season. Wouldn't be worth paying for from like Jan-July, anyway. 

Cameron Wolfe is a puff piece writer at this point and has already rubbed a player the wrong way w/ DaQuan. He's a ways away, I fear (not his fault, new guy in a new city)