4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Title says it all.

Chris Paul

Gary Payton

Isiah Thomas

Jason Kidd

John Stockton

Steve Nash

It would depend on teammates and overall team for #1, but I have always admired Thomas as the best PG ever (outside of Magic) But Stockton is such a perfect fit for anyone... Isiah had "take over ability" on the highest all-time level.. So basically he had a higher ceiling and lower floor compared to arguable the steadiest player ever..

3- G-Payton, I just loved great 2 way players.. switch-ability best of all-time amongst PGs

4- C Paul - most skilled player left.. and very good on defense..

5 - J Kidd - despite his many 3's was not a good enough shooter for much of his career

6 - Nash - while being an offensive genius, his defense was not good at all. 

58 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Best Career:
1. Isiah Thomas
2. Gary Payton
3. Steve Nash
4. Jason Kidd
5. John Stockton
6. Chris Paul

If I Had to Choose to Start a Franchise:
1. Gary Payton
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Chris Paul
4. Steve Nash
5. Jason Kidd
6. John Stockon

Why GP over Nash for career?

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Title says it all.

Chris Paul

Gary Payton

Isiah Thomas

Jason Kidd

John Stockton

Steve Nash

1. Isiah Thomas
  2. CP3
  3. Payton
  4. Nash
  5. Stockton
  6. Kidd

Those last 3 are incredibly close for me, nearly interchangeable. Would depend on coaching and supporting cast when it comes to picking who I'd prefer between them, but this is how I order them for now mostly on their ability.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Best Career:
1. Isiah Thomas
2. Gary Payton
3. Steve Nash
4. Jason Kidd
5. John Stockton
6. Chris Paul

If I Had to Choose to Start a Franchise:
1. Gary Payton
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Chris Paul
4. Steve Nash
5. Jason Kidd
6. John Stockon

Peaks?

15 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Why GP over Nash for career?

Hard to explain. I feel like he's held in higher regard for the most part. They are pretty much even for All-NBA teams, with the different being Nash has 2 MVPs while Payton has the title and DPOY.

Obviously very close.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, Bullet Club said:

Title says it all.

Chris Paul

Gary Payton

Isiah Thomas

Jason Kidd

John Stockton

Steve Nash

1. Isiah

2. Stockton

3. Paul

4. Payton 

5. Nash

6. Kidd

Kidd is really an interesting case here. He doesn't have the efficiency as others but man did he have a huge impact on both ends of the floor and just made it work with teams that weren't all that talented. Then the impact he had with the Mavericks when they won the title goes beyond the stats. 

Chris Paul was/is amazing but he blew a few great shots in the playoffs that hold him back some. But in terms of efficiency and skill level and all that, he is up with anyone. 

Nash is up with damn near anyone in terms of his shooting and passing. Never got over the hump himself in the playoffs but he had some really good runs. Could have possibly been a bit more aggressive looking for his shot at times, as when he wanted to turn it up he could score at a high clip. Had some bad luck with Johnson's injury, Amare's injury and then the Horry play in the postseason, but he was a great player.

I'll go:

1. Isiah Thomas

2. Chris Paul

3. Gary Payton

4. Steve Nash

5. Jason Kidd/John Stockton

Can't rank the last two and really also Nash. All were really good/great defenders minus Nash. So if that brings Nash to the bottom of the list then that is fine as well. Payton and CP3 is extremely close and you could make a great case for Payton, but I'll go slightly with CP3.

I find this interesting. My list is completely different than everyone else.

In terms of career:

Chris Paul

Steve Nash

John Stockton

Gary Payton

Jason Kidd

Isiah Thomas

In terms of peak:

Chris Paul

Steve Nash

Isiah Thomas

Gary Payton

Jason Kidd

John Stockton

46 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I find this interesting. My list is completely different than everyone else.

In terms of career:

Chris Paul

Steve Nash

John Stockton

Gary Payton

Jason Kidd

Isiah Thomas

In terms of peak:

Chris Paul

Steve Nash

Isiah Thomas

Gary Payton

Jason Kidd

John Stockton

Why do you have Isiah last in his career? When he retired he was considered by most the best 6'2 + under player ever, and basically the 2nd best PG behind Magic. Has a College Title and 2 NBA Titles. Surpassed the hype of being a number 2 pick in the Draft. 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Why do you have Isiah last in his career? When he retired he was considered by most the best 6'2 + under player ever, and basically the 2nd best PG behind Magic. Has a College Title and 2 NBA Titles. Surpassed the hype of being a number 2 pick in the Draft. 

Outside of winning two titles he really doesn't have anything over any of those guys. Plus they all retired after him so that statement doesn't really mean anything. He had the shortest career of the bunch, a few of them peaked at least a tier higher than he did and even if you go by narrative he's dead last among that group in All NBA appearances and top 10 MVP finishes (2nd to last in top 5 finishes with a whopping 1). He's the 5th best defensive player out of that group of six and he's at best the third best offensively. His career ranking is bolstered remarkably by the fact that he was the best player on an iconic team. 

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1