Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

My quarterback had 20 TDs in his first six starts and actually deserved to be drafted in the first round.

You're comparing a QB you took at pick #3 in this whole game with someone bcb took in round 23?... OBVIOUSLY Watson is better... I'm curious how much you would have hated your team if you didn't pick top 5 in this. 

Danny Dimes showed plenty of enough potential to make a case he could be an above average starter for the next 10 years. He had a really bad offensive line and who in his receiving core? vs. Watson had a very good offensive line and arguably a top 3 WR. To say Jones won't get any better after year 1 and isn't one of the top 12 young QBs in the league is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Any hoo I have enough experience arguing with blue to know he's no gonna change his mind which is fine.  What makes this fun.  Time will tell.  I think Jones is a perfect fit for the Payton system.  Obviously opinions will vary 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

You're comparing a QB you took at pick #3 in this whole game with someone bcb took in round 23?... OBVIOUSLY Watson is better... I'm curious how much you would have hated your team if you didn't pick top 5 in this. 

Danny Dimes showed plenty of enough potential to make a case he could be an above average starter for the next 10 years. He had a really bad offensive line and who in his receiving core? vs. Watson had a very good offensive line and arguably a top 3 WR. To say Jones won't get any better after year 1 and isn't one of the top 12 young QBs in the league is ridiculous. 

Whoa whoa.  Let's not go putting Houston o line past average as much as I appreciate your gumption in defending Jones 

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Take away playing new England and belichek on a short week minus Barkley Shephard engram  dude has a qbr of 93, 23 td, 9 picks in 11 games.  I'll take that 

Watson also had a legit top five wr in the league lol 

Take away a meaningless Week 16 OT game against Washington and Jones had 19 touchdowns to 12 picks in 11 games. I can play the "take away a game to make a player look better/worse" game, too.

Nobody thought Deandre Hopkins was a top 5 receiver until Watson got there. Watson was also about 30 seconds from beating New England on the road that year in his second career start. Weird how you have to ignore Jones' New England game just to make him look halfway viable but it's a point in Watson's favor.

7 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

No, Bcb is comparing the QB I took at #3 to someone he took in round 23.

Danny Dimes hasn't shown any potential to be more than an NFL backup at any point in his life.

Also, wtf are you talking about with Watson having a good offensive line? His line in 2017 was horrifically bad. Exactly one offensive lineman from his first three seasons has been drafted so far and that was Laremy Tunsil.

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, Bcb is comparing the QB I took at #3 to someone he took in round 23.

Danny Dimes hasn't shown any potential to be more than an NFL backup at any point in his life.

Also, wtf are you talking about with Watson having a good offensive line? His line in 2017 was horrifically bad. Exactly one offensive lineman from his first three seasons has been drafted so far and that was Laremy Tunsil.

per pff (removing names even though people can look them up) 

"The Texans are the only team whose entire 2020 offensive line finished with a 2019 pass block grade north of 70.
Laremy Tunsil: 88.2 (3rd LT)
X: 74.0 (13th LG)
X: 82.3 (6th C)
X: 77.0 (6th RG)
X: 70.4 (15th RT)"

Obviously pff isn't the be all end all, but this past year they were at the very least average. 

Daniel Jones had a really good rookie season. To say he is only backup worthy is grossly over estimating the quality of qb's in the league, or underrating the rookie season he had with almost nothing of a supporting cast and disregarding the potential of growth (fumbles being your biggest point thus far at that) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

per pff (removing names even though people can look them up) 

"The Texans are the only team whose entire 2020 offensive line finished with a 2019 pass block grade north of 70.
Laremy Tunsil: 88.2 (3rd LT)
X: 74.0 (13th LG)
X: 82.3 (6th C)
X: 77.0 (6th RG)
X: 70.4 (15th RT)"

Obviously pff isn't the be all end all, but this past year they were at the very least average. 

Daniel Jones had a really good rookie season. To say he is only backup worthy is grossly over estimating the quality of qb's in the league, or underrating the rookie season he had with almost nothing of a supporting cast and disregarding the potential of growth (fumbles being your biggest point thus far at that) 

Uh...did you think we were talking about Deshaun Watson's 2019 season? Because nobody was.

Also, no, Daniel Jones is trash.

Edited by Blue

Jones isn’t trash lol. Can he be an average to above average starter?? Yes. That’s impressive.  Can he be elite? Jury is out. Best argument for B is maybe. 

We’ve almost swiped the whole first round of the 2020 draft. There’s gonna be misses. Just cause ur 20 doesn’t mean ur better than 30. There’s always misses. He’s afforded himself the luxury of drafting Brees. We’ll see. And we will definitely get into it when rosters are complete. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Jones isn’t trash lol. Can he be an average to above average starter?? Yes. That’s impressive.  Can he be elite? Jury is out. Best argument for B is maybe. 

We’ve almost swiped the whole first round of the 2020 draft. There’s gonna be misses. Just cause ur 20 doesn’t mean ur better than 30. There’s always misses. He’s afforded himself the luxury of drafting Brees. We’ll see. And we will definitely get into it when rosters are complete. 

Look, all I'm saying is I'm still waiting on apologies from everyone who said I was stupid for thinking Marcus Mariota and Johnny Manziel weren't good prospects either. I'm not holding out hope anyone will admit they were wrong on Daniel Jones either.

*sigh* True genius is never recognized in its own time.

• Like 1