Your favorite all-time journeymen QBs.

TecmoSuperJoe

I'm also shocked no one's giving Jeff Garcia any love has a 2 to one career TD to interception ratio.

Threw for 164 TDS more than Jake Plummer who was a second rounder. Also was very mobile with his legs.

Led the 2006 Eagle to the Playoffs and won a game after McNabb went down lost by a field goal in a tough Saints game.

Always had love for him think he's so underrated think he got the most of his talent . Oh and a 4 time probowler

• Like 2

For the Vikings, I've got to go with our guy from 2017, Case Keenum.  He only had one good year, but it was a magical one for him when everything seemed to come together (and having a horseshoe up his backside on many occasions as Mike Zimmer said, didn't hurt).

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm also shocked no one's giving Jeff Garcia any love has a 2 to one career TD to interception ratio.

Threw for 164 TDS more than Jake Plummer who was a second rounder. Also was very mobile with his legs.

Led the 2006 Eagle to the Playoffs and won a game after McNabb went down lost by a field goal in a tough Saints game.

Always had love for him think he's so underrated think he got the most of his talent . Oh and a 4 time probowler

He was a starter for the 49ers though for 4 years with three quality seasons to his name. He got the big contract in 2001 after his breakout season in 2000. I guess he did become a journeyman after he left the 49ers and fell off in Cleveland, and then Detroit. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

He was a starter for the 49ers though for 4 years with three quality seasons to his name. He got the big contract in 2001 after his breakout season in 2000. I guess he did become a journeyman after he left the 49ers and fell off in Cleveland, and then Detroit. 

I know but from the CFL to the NFL he was well traveled

Two guys that I forgot about that were well known journeymen are Brad Johnson and Tommy Maddox. Johnson had a couple of decent seasons as a full time starter, including a Super Bowl win with the Bucs. Tommy Maddox had that decent season in 2002 with the Steelers. Good backups. 

Other names starting to come back to me are Chris Miller, Chris Chandler, and Tony Banks. All of them were terrible though. Charlie Batch is another guy that I felt if you had a decent team around him, could win you a couple of games. 

Edited by PapaShogun

On 6/3/2020 at 3:18 AM, PapaShogun said:

- Billy Volek. Who can forget 2004 when he put up those huge fantasy football numbers against terrible defenses as a Titan? Or when he helped lead the comeback against the Colts in the playoffs in place of Philip Rivers? I still think it's really weird how he just got booted off the Titans by Jeff Fisher before the 2006 season started. Guess he didn't like that they signed Kerry Collins. 

This was made extra strange when Fisher basically was like “This man is GARBAGE” in his presser when it happened.  xD

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

This was made extra strange when Fisher basically was like “This man is GARBAGE” in his presser when it happened.  xD

What??? Wow never heard about that. I wonder what Volek did. Maybe it was so serious that Fisher was begrudgingly covering up for Volek and the organization. Assuming Fisher isn't just fabricating drama out of thin air. 

Edited by PapaShogun

On 6/4/2020 at 1:31 AM, beekay414 said:

Probably Ty Detmer

My freshman year of college, I didn't feel like going out on a Thursday, so I just kicked back in my dorm room and started flipping channels. "Oh hey, BYU vs San Diego St, I hear this Detmer guy is OK, I'll check this out...." 

ONE HUNDRED FREAKING FOUR POINTS LATER I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open....Ty Detmer threw for 599 yds and 6 tds; some freshman named Marshall Faulk, maybe you've heard of him, had 118 yds rushing and 116 yds receiving. BYU came roaring back from a 45-17 3rd quarter deficit. SDSU QB threw for 568 yds and 5 tds, and I swear he juuuuust missed on another couple bombs. 

This was before results like this were commonplace. It's one of the most entertaining football games I've ever had the pleasure of watching. 

Mike Tomczak at one point had the best winning pct among all active QBs, in part because he played on those monster 84-88 Chicago teams that could've won 10 games a season with me at QB (if I'd ever made it to the NFL there's no way I could've been QB because I have an absolute noodle arm). Once he moved on to lesser teams his win pct came down a bit. 

In the '79 draft, the 9ers selected Joe Montana at the bottom of the 3rd but when Steve Dils got snagged in the middle of the 4th, Bill Walsh reportedly slammed his hand on the table in frustration, he was hoping Dils would slide to them with the 1st pick in the 5th, and he apparently thought Montana in the 3rd was a bit of a reach - Walsh* has said that Bart Starr told him GB would've grabbed Montana in the 5th if he'd been there, and Walsh basically thought everyone else who said they were going to grab Montana before then is full of crap. 

* I believe, it may have been someone else in the draft room