Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we’re gonna land 2 big name free agents I’d rather have Hargrave and Edmonds tbh.

Bates is great, he’d be great here, etc, I just think the need for impact players in the front 7 is a much bigger need.

I'm not quite as big on Edmonds at LB as many are, but that's just me. I'd actually prefer Bobby Wagner there. JMHO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not gonna quibble, just fix our ****ty defense lol 

LaVontae David would be epic. David Long would make me excited. T.J. Edwards would be fine as well. LVE was healthy all year last year so I'd even try to take a flier on him.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s also a recipe to get run on. I’m all for nickel, but we need to have a roster that’s ready to address power run schemes as we’re gonna see plenty of that after last season.

The Chiefs, Bengals, and Bills don’t run the ball though.

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

But yet no one wants to believe me that we’re gonna get Jessie Bates smh 

I don't think many are saying there's no way we'll get Bates. I think most just think we'd be better off spending big money on the front seven. Trust me, I won't hate it if we sign Bates, but if I had the choice between Bates and a guy like Hargrave, give me Hargrave.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Need to be able to beat the teams who do for that to matter though.

Also, neither do the Chargers, but they did on us.  You don’t have to be elite against the run, but you need to be able to get stops.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

11 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I don't think many are saying there's no way we'll get Bates. I think most just think we'd be better off spending big money on the front seven. Trust me, I won't hate it if we sign Bates, but if I had the choice between Bates and a guy like Hargrave, give me Hargrave.

That’s all anyone has ever said lol

You have to stop the run before you worry about the pass. Force teams to be 1-dimensional so you can get into your nickel-dime looks.

Yeah we have to stop the pass. But you do so by forcing 3rd and long situations. We are terrible at that. And when 3rd and long comes, how are we gonna get pressure with Garrett & nobody else? We desperately need front 4 talent. We also need a FS, but not before DL. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just to add to my previous point, the Bills rushed for 171 yards against us last season and the  Bengals put up 136 in the game we lost.

The Chargers also don’t run the ball and they put up 238.

Any team will run it if you can’t stop it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

You have to stop the run before you worry about the pass

I disagree

Kansas City just went Golden State Warriors mode and flipped the league upside down. It’s going to completely force teams to abandon what you stated.

Running the ball = Having a low post game in the NBA

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I disagree

Kansas City just went Golden State Warriors mode and flipped the league upside down. It’s going to completely force teams to abandon what you stated.

Running the ball = Having a low post game in the NBA

They also were 11th in the league in YPC.  They can run the ball if forced to do so.

No one is saying we have to be elite against the run, but we need to be competent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Man Hargrave like 30 or 31

our FA doesn’t work like that idk if y’all have noticed

Bates could play out a 4 or 5 year deal and still not be as old as Hargrave is right now. 

Look at all Berrys expensive FA deals. They’ve all been on younger players who could potentially sign another contract like Conklin just did. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

It is going to be interesting 

But with the loss of jj plus Delpit this back of the defense will get shredded by the excellent qbs.

This is the trickle down affect of paying

The 28th ranked qb Mahomes money.

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man Hargrave like 30 or 31

our FA doesn’t work like that idk if y’all have noticed

Bates could play out a 4 or 5 year deal and still not be as old as Hargrave is right now. 

Look at all Berrys expensive FA deals. They’ve all been on younger players who could potentially sign another contract like Conklin just did. 

I mean, we need impact players now.  I don’t care if a guy is going to be a foundational piece in 2028.

I realize the pattern he’s provided thus far, but it’s not like Hargrave is old