Browns General Discussion

candyman93

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Guess we’re just gonna have another season where we get killed at LB. Better hope the DL never lets anyone get through. 

I mean, it’s entirely possibly our backers look significantly better in a real NFL scheme with a much improved DL in front of them.

We can’t field high priced free agents and top 50 picks at every position.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, it’s entirely possibly our backers look significantly better in a real NFL scheme with a much improved DL in front of them.

We can’t field high priced free agents and top 50 picks at every position.

Idk about that. JOK maybe. The rest are jags or below jag. Our LBs were some of the worst in the league last year. I’m not asking for us to spend 15M a year on one but we need starter quality. We can’t go into the season with Phillips and taki as our starters again. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk about that. JOK maybe. The rest are jags or below jag. Our LBs were some of the worst in the league last year. I’m not asking for us to spend 15M a year on one but we need starter quality. We can’t go into the season with Phillips and taki as our starters again. 

Takitaki was playing well before his injury, I’m fine with him starting tbh.

JOK has stud potential but wasn’t used well imo.

Walker may come back and he’s… fine.  

I’m assuming we draft someone.  maybe a couple someones.  Fields popped a little last season. Maybe they bring Ragland back?

idk, we’re not gonna have a bunch of studs, but one possible stud in JOK and 2 meh starters is just fine imo.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Takitaki was playing well before his injury, I’m fine with him starting tbh.

JOK has stud potential but wasn’t used well imo.

Walker may come back and he’s… fine.  

I’m assuming we draft someone.  maybe a couple someones.  Fields popped a little last season. Maybe they bring Ragland back?

idk, we’re not gonna have a bunch of studs, but one possible stud in JOK and 2 meh starters is just fine imo.

This. Don't get me wrong, I'd be totally happy if we drafted a dude like Campbell. But JOK + Takitaki + Walker/Fields/Ragland is an okay enough group for this season, IMO. Certainly isn't a great group, but good enough if our DL and secondary plays well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

This. Don't get me wrong, I'd be totally happy if we drafted a dude like Campbell. But JOK + Takitaki + Walker/Fields/Ragland is an okay enough group for this season, IMO. Certainly isn't a great group, but good enough if our DL and secondary plays well.

It wasn’t ok the past 3 seasons. That’s why I’m worried. It’s not like we haven’t seen this group or a similar group of guys the past few years. We’ve seen it. And it doesn’t work. They got killed. I don’t care who the coach is it’s not gonna make that much of a difference. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It wasn’t ok the past 3 seasons. That’s why I’m worried. It’s not like we haven’t seen this group or a similar group of guys the past few years. We’ve seen it. And it doesn’t work. They got killed. I don’t care who the coach is it’s not gonna make that much of a difference. 

You could be right. But let's not forget how awful Woods was. Takitaki was a JAG for most of his time here, but honestly was playing some solid football before getting hurt. Maybe he sustains that play, maybe bot. Fields flashed a bit once he was given playing time.

Like I said, I'm not at all opposed to adding another LB. But with limited resources we may not be able to.

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I mean, realistically we weren’t gonna replace Clowney, improve at FS, revamp the DT position entirely and completely transform our linebackers by March 20.

We could very easily add a couple guys in April who make things very different.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

You could be right. But let's not forget how awful Woods was. Takitaki was a JAG for most of his time here, but honestly was playing some solid football before getting hurt. Maybe he sustains that play, maybe bot. Fields flashed a bit once he was given playing time.

Like I said, I'm not at all opposed to adding another LB. But with limited resources we may not be able to.

He wasn't incredible but I remember Dion Jones looking solid and unlike others he actually has a pedigree of being a Pro Bowl level player. Wouldn't mind seeing the Browns bring him back on a 1-2 year deal to see if he can regain that high end form. I like that idea better than banking on Tony Fields lol

Putting your eggs in the Takitaki/Walker/JOK basket again is having a toooon of faith in your DC to fix all the problems. I prefer to shake things up a bit and bring in some new energy. Like Tranquill :)

Edited by AkronsWitness