Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I ounce got in a bison traffic jam outside of ynp.
No wolves, just dog paw prints on the trails.

Had a mom black bear charge and growl at me. But I’m a man so I growled back. 
BronzeReflectingBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

views like only you wood believe. 

snappin good time. 

The steal of the hole draft for me was AB and his direct deposit. If a round 6 center pushes us over the edge though I am all for it.

Sounds good I have said that how many times lgb

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

snappin good time. 

The steal of the hole draft for me was AB and his direct deposit. If a round 6 center pushes us over the edge though I am all for it.

Kind Ave funny how that draft broke did not get 1 right.

Anyways sometimes you win sometimes you lose

That said daughter got a full head on picture of black bear.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

snappin good time. 

awkward-black.gif

Just thinking about the additions we’ve made.

1. Adding Bubba Ventrone means we shouldn’t lose games like we did against the Jets.

2. Adding the WR talent we did means we shouldn’t lose games like we did against the Saints.

3. Adding Schwartz + our 2 fat boys means we shouldn’t lose games like we did against Atlanta.

I expect 9-10 wins next year and a wildcard birth.

• Like 2

I’m curious as to what/who is behind the changes we’ve seen over the last few months personnel wise.

For example, was Woods the guy who wanted smaller, more mobile DTs and preferred to have assets spent elsewhere and this is Schwartz’s preference or has AB/the FO evolved?

Same thing with special teams.  Obviously they gave Preifer a highly rated kicker in York and a vet punter, but this year we targeted guys in FA who are almost exclusively special teamers in Ford and Adams.  Was this Ventrone’s condition when he took the job or has the FO simply seen enough crap ST play?  I guess to be fair they also tried to give Preifer a top shelf return guy in Grant, he just got hurt….

Whatever the reason, I’m glad to see it. I do actually agree with the FO that some positions are less important than others, but you still need competent players there. I think DTs need to at a minimum stop the run and keep linebackers clean, any pass rush is just a bonus.  Same with linebacker.  Defend the run and play some decent zone.  

At this point, the team is going to ride or die with what Deshaun Watson does. If he looks like poop like last season, we are going to be a tremendous bust. If he looks like an elite quarterback, at least the offense should be excellent. Based on what I saw last season, I have my concerns about the type of offense Kevin Stefanski is trying to run. Maybe he is going to figure it out over the off-season. Now is the time though. The window to win no longer needs to be looking into the future. I’m sure the coaches and front office know this also, as if we miss the playoffs, heads are going to roll. Really hope we can look like a contender this season. I would hate to see the window of success start to close on players like Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett here. They deserve to see some team success.