Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Everything I’ve read suggests the following-

1. Maurice Hurst will be the starting 3-tech next to Tomlinson. He actually looks like a starting caliber DT. He’s taken a majority of starter snaps.

2. Elijah Moore has looked great. Could be another Amari Cooper situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

1. Maurice Hurst will be the starting 3-tech next to Tomlinson. He actually looks like a starting caliber DT. He’s taken a majority of starter snaps.

Neither is surprising. Hurst, when healthy, is excellent. And Moore is/was an amazing prospect that has shockingly not broken out yet. I think it happens here given we don’t have Zach Wilson/Mike White as our QBs. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Yea the question with Hurst has never been talent, its always been about staying healthy

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, candyman93 said:

So what happens if Emerson is our best CB?

As I said before, if he were on any other team he would have Richard Sherman comps out the wazoo. This is 100% because of where he plays. I still think Ward is our best nickel corner but we are built to give teams fits defensively, it’s just being able to put the chess pieces in the right place. We could have the makings of a historical defense, if we got a dominant MLB

On 5/28/2023 at 4:01 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

All depends on Schwartz’s scheme. Emerson was the only player on the team who shined in woods zone coverage. It’s unknown how well he will do playing man. 

The majority of his highlights were in man coverage 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Yea the question with Hurst has never been talent, its always been about staying healthy

This is why we have to keep at least 5 DTs, we would be fools to rely on him to be the guy for a whole season. It’s encouraging to hear he is doing well though, if he can play to his potential that would do wonders for us, outside pressure will be there, inside pressure, not so much. 

NT: Tomlinson/Ika

3T: Hurst/Winfrey

Swing: Hill

I think we keep 5. Hill is an absolute pain in the balls as far as work ethic, but he’s got the talent to be fantastic. I think he edges out the two bums we had last year (Elliot/Togiai).  I really liked Togiai as a prospect. Sad to see him getting teabagged every single game. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

NT: Tomlinson/Ika

3T: Hurst/Winfrey

Swing: Hill

I think we keep 5. Hill is an absolute pain in the balls as far as work ethic, but he’s got the talent to be fantastic. I think he edges out the two bums we had last year (Elliot/Togiai).  I really liked Togiai as a prospect. Sad to see him getting teabagged every single game. 

Elliott is 100% done. Togiai only has a prayer if he beats out Hill.

I think Winfrey is hanging on by a thread due to the off the field incident.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Hopkins makes a lot of sense if you know you’re not going to be able to afford DPJ and what he wants.

You could recoup some draft capital for DPJ now and sign Hopkins to fill his spot.

Dpj would get what a 3rd at best? Save 1 million and pay 10-15 for drop? 

In this hypothetical scenario, just swap DPJ with Hopkins.

1. Cooper

2. Hopkins

3. Moore

4. Tillman

5. Goodwin

6. Bell

Just depends on if Hopkins is what the team wants. Moore and Tillman would have 2 fantastic veterans to learn from.

• Like 1

I love DPJ man 

maybe he’s be cool staying until mid season then if we’re still in the running by the trade deadline keep him for the playoff push. 

Cause we know he’s probably gone this off-season anyway. 

Man Amari and D Hop with Elijah in the slot. Njocku and Chubb like cmon bro what you about to do against that 🤣