Browns General Discussion

candyman93

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think the issue is that you had Newsome complaining about being in the slot. He wants to get paid and won’t get paid playing slot. 

Ward already got paid mega bucks so he’s set for life.

Possibly could be one reason, but I think he's legitimately better at playing on the outside. From what I recall, he was fine playing the slot, but was better on the outside.

I'm sure Ward won't exclusively play in the slot, but will just do so more than he has in the past.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yall think Anthony Schwartz will be able to make it to the practice squad? I'd still like to keep him around, but with the way Marquise is balling I just dont see it happening

He’s on the sidelines working with trainers again.

He’s done here.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yall think Anthony Schwartz will be able to make it to the practice squad? I'd still like to keep him around, but with the way Marquise is balling I just dont see it happening

The PS is full of absolutely trash. So yeah he would fit right in. Goodwin is hurt all the time so I guess until we find another speedster he should go to the PS. Not like he’d be taking up a spot from anyone worth a damn anyway. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The PS is full of absolutely trash. So yeah he would fit right in. Goodwin is hurt all the time so I guess until we find another speedster he should go to the PS. Not like he’d be taking up a spot from anyone worth a damn anyway. 

To be fair, teams will poach anybody worth a damn from a practice squad.

James Harrison was an extremely rare exception.

Edited by candyman93

The last time the Browns won in week 1 and made the playoffs in the same season, the Jaguars and Panthers were still one year away from starting play and the Modell move was still two years away.

This should be a goal for 2023.