Browns General Discussion

candyman93

I don't really want Hopkins. We are going to be moving towards very young and very cheap WR's in the future due to cap constraints. Adding a pricey veteran like D-Hop not only hurts the cap, but it stifles the development of the younger cheaper options we already have.

I don't view WR as a need for this team right now and I don't think it's a need next year either, even after we likely cut Cooper.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I don't really want Hopkins. We are going to be moving towards very young and very cheap WR's in the future due to cap constraints. Adding a pricey veteran like D-Hop not only hurts the cap, but it stifles the development of the younger cheaper options we already have.

I don't view WR as a need for this team right now and I don't think it's a need next year either, even after we likely cut Cooper.

Agreed. While part of me obviously likes the idea of adding a great WR like Hopkins, I don't think he's needed and I'd rather save the cap space. If Watson returns to form, there's zero reason he can't succeed with guys like Cooper, DPJ, Moore and Njoku as his main targets. Not to mention having a great RB like Chubb to help keep defenses honest.

48 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

It depends entirely on how Elijah Moore produces. If he balls out like I expect him too, then you’re 100% right.

Idk about DHop personally.

Is he better than Tillman and DPJ right now?  Yeah.  Is he going to be significantly better than DPJ?  Enough to warrant the contract he’s seeking?  Yeah idk.  

I think we’re 3 deep with guys who can play well enough and have guys like Goodwin who’s decent enough for the role he plays and Tillman who should hopefully be capable of stepping into a #2/3 role if needed, at least short term.

In a vacuum, sure, gimme DHop but I’d prolly rather have the cap flexibility moving forward or another player at a different position tbh.

11 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Can you imagine if AB does AB things next year. Somehow we trade up to to #3 say....

And we draft Marvin Harrison Jr?

I don't see it happening, but a guy can dream, right?

2 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Can you imagine if AB does AB things next year. Somehow we trade up to to #3 say....

We don’t have a first, we’re not getting Harrison lol.

But yeah, we can dream 

44 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

No, you can’t dream about that. We have nowhere near enough capital to get up there unless we wanna trade Garrett. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk about DHop personally.

Is he better than Tillman and DPJ right now?  Yeah.  Is he going to be significantly better than DPJ?  Enough to warrant the contract he’s seeking?  Yeah idk.  

I think we’re 3 deep with guys who can play well enough and have guys like Goodwin who’s decent enough for the role he plays and Tillman who should hopefully be capable of stepping into a #2/3 role if needed, at least short term.

In a vacuum, sure, gimme DHop but I’d prolly rather have the cap flexibility moving forward or another player at a different position tbh.

I really like the idea of having DHop on this team but I think I'm liking the idea of developing chemistry with Tillman who can be a physical AFC North receiver who can be big for us in November and December long term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

No, you can’t dream about that. We have nowhere near enough capital to get up there unless we wanna trade Garrett. 

Didn't say it had to be a good dream..... LOL

But yeah, you're right. That's about the price tag it would require to go up to 3.

Case In Point - Look at the haul the Bears got from Carolina last April.