Browns General Discussion

candyman93

17 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think thats pretty much all the money we had left

I was still hopeful we might give Dalvin Cook a look. Especially with this Jerome Ford injury. 

I still like the idea, but we'll see.

I don’t think we had a chance in hell for cook. He’s gonna want to be a number 1 so he can showcase for his next deal. He’ll probably end up with the jets with rodgers. I thought that was the plan for him. 

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think we had a chance in hell for cook. He’s gonna want to be a number 1 so he can showcase for his next deal. He’ll probably end up with the jets with rodgers. I thought that was the plan for him. 

Yeah he’s prolly just trying to avoid the bulk of camp.

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The guy is INSANELY good at getting his hands up as a QB is about to throw.

He is also incredibly good at following plays. Has one of the highest motors Ive seen from a 300+LB defensive tackle and can chase RBs down all the way out on the sidelines on screens/outside runs. Not sure how much he has left in the tank but 2-3 years ago he was a real difference maker.

I think he will be a real good fit with Schwartz's style of defense thats focused around disruption because he definitely disrupts. Hes very nimble on his feet/quick so he excels at knifing into the backfield and blowing up runs from the middle.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I feel confident due to injuries this is who our RBs and WRs will be-

RB- Chubb, Ford, Felton

WR- Cooper, DPJ, Moore, Tillman, Bell, Watkins

I like Goodwin, but he’s got a serious health condition. He needs to start off on IR. Jakeem Grant hasn’t been seen at all.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel confident due to injuries this is who our RBs and WRs will be-

RB- Chubb, Ford, Felton

WR- Cooper, DPJ, Moore, Tillman, Bell, Watkins

I like Goodwin, but he’s got a serious health condition. He needs to start off on IR. Jakeem Grant hasn’t been seen at all.

You can’t start on IR and come back though.

Once you make the initial 53 you can be put on IR and come back.  At that point everyone else has to go through waivers before they can be resigned.

The timeline as determined by the medical staff will make that decision as much as anything tbh.  He doesn’t need a TC to prove himself, he’s got 10 years of tape.  It’s just a matter of availability.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

With Jack Sanborn out Noah Sewell is getting first team reps and looks pretty solid at SAM and is the backup Mike. I stand by us not drafting him late as a bad move.

He and Pappoe were two guys who most of the board wanted late.  Will be interesting to see what becomes of those dudes long term.

If there’s a silver lining to not taking anyone this year, it’s that I can’t see us not taking a couple of guys next year.

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He and Pappoe were two guys who most of the board wanted late.  Will be interesting to see what becomes of those dudes long term.

If there’s a silver lining to not taking anyone this year, it’s that I can’t see us not taking a couple of guys next year.

I personally believe that at some point need should trump other areas, and that point IMO is later in Day 3 if you didn’t address it with need meeting BPA Days 1 and 2 or in free agency. Berry really dropped the ball here by not even addressing it at all.

We have essentially no depth to go with multiple hurt guys and didn’t draft or acquire anyone new with a horrendous unit the last 2+ years.