Browns General Discussion

candyman93

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its a bit strange how the Browns were very open to giving him money long term. He is essentially signed for the next 3 seasons through 2025. If the plan is for Dawand Jones to take over for Wills next season at LT. My only worry is that he spent all his time at RT @osu and he has played RT this preseason. Are they going to cross-train him at LT this season at any point?

Yeah, I think most of us were surprised when we extended him. He's good, but has trouble staying healthy and is a bit inconsistent. I thought Hudson played well last year and that we might have been better off letting Conklin leave and have Hudson take over at RT. I think that's a contract we may end up regretting giving out.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I think most of us were surprised when we extended him. He's good, but has trouble staying healthy and is a bit inconsistent. I thought Hudson played well last year and that we might have been better off letting Conklin leave and have Hudson take over at RT. I think that's a contract we may end up regretting giving out.

Silver lining is that there is no shortage of teams that need OT help if we could flip him in the next year.

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Silver lining is that there is no shortage of teams that need OT help if we could flip him in the next year.

Yeah I think the fact that it’s so hard to find quality tackles and the fact you ideally have 3 of them played a huge factor.

If we let him walk and someone gets hurt we’re absolutely boned.

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’d definitely eliminate the concern around our backups, at least for me.

Knows the system

Proven effectiveness running the ball and in pass protection 

Cheap 3rd guy

Seems to have elite character and work ethic 

I would welcome him back minutes after he was released 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Knows the system

Proven effectiveness running the ball and in pass protection 

Cheap 3rd guy

Seems to have elite character and work ethic 

I would welcome him back minutes after he was released 

Agreed, but Im focused on the LBs (shocking) lol I know its been beaten like a dead horse but Im wondering from the perspective now that we lost Phillips for the year and Taki is still dealing with his injury, if the Browns are eying that position when roster cuts happen in the next week or two.

Makes me wonder who is going to be available, what veterans are going to get cut because they make too much money and could the Browns bring an actual difference maker in along the same lines as Shelby Harris but the LB version.

Im actually very comfortable with the rest of the entire roster outside of just 1 more good piece there.

Edited by AkronsWitness

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed, but Im focused on the LBs (shocking) lol I know its been beaten like a dead horse but Im wondering from the perspective now that we lost Phillips for the year and Taki is still dealing with his injury, if the Browns are eying that position when roster cuts happen in the next week or two.

Makes me wonder who is going to be available, what veterans are going to get cut because they make too much money and could the Browns bring an actual difference maker in along the same lines as Shelby Harris but the LB version.

Im actually very comfortable with the rest of the entire roster outside of just 1 more good piece there.

Don’t hold your breath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

AB doesn’t care. Just accept the fact that the unit is already dead. Brace yourself.

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The fact that we are basically relying on either scrubs or roster cuts to be getting starting LB minutes is an indictment of AB. At least make some sort of effort there. We basically just ran it back with the same bad players. 

Actually we took a step backwards because we don’t have Jones who sucked anyway and knew Taki was hurt and Walker is coming off a major injury.

I’m willing to believe the LB play could be much improved this year just based on organic growth from guys like JOK and fields, scheme changes that make a linebackers role pretty simple, and improved DL play in front of them.

That said, if it doesn’t AB is gonna look like a moron for not at least taking the bat off his shoulder and doing SOMETHING at the position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m willing to believe the LB play could be much improved this year just based on organic growth from guys like JOK and fields, scheme changes that make a linebackers role pretty simple, and improved DL play in front of them.

That said, if it doesn’t AB is gonna look like a moron for not at least taking the bat off his shoulder and doing SOMETHING at the position.

Unfortunately he will get a pass and the coaching staff will be gone completely, then Barry will be gone the year after.