Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Sashi built a roster where we didnt have one of the 70 best quarterbacks, one of the 30 best running backs, or one of the top 60 wide receivers in the NFL. 

Its one thing to not want to get poor value for an asset, its another thing to purposefully build a roster that is so far and away less talented than any others in the league, and then be completely uncompromising when your coworkers ask you help out just a little to lighten the load. 

Sashi is the most damaging front office member since the return. 

I won't debate that because you clearly feel strong about your opinion but Sashi did at least seem to have a plan. Was a long term plan and this is the wrong league for long term plans but at least it was something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Sashi built a roster where we didnt have one of the 70 best quarterbacks, one of the 30 best running backs, or one of the top 60 wide receivers in the NFL. 

Its one thing to not want to get poor value for an asset, its another thing to purposefully build a roster that is so far and away less talented than any others in the league, and then be completely uncompromising when your coworkers ask you help out just a little to lighten the load. 

Sashi is the most damaging front office member since the return. 

Exactly. There’s nothing special about acquiring assets for the sake of acquiring assets. You have to do something with them. 

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I won't debate that because you clearly feel strong about your opinion but Sashi did at least seem to have a plan. Was a long term plan and this is the wrong league for long term plans but at least it was something.

Just because someone can shoot themselves in the foot doesnt make them a marksman. 

His plan was 'accumulate assets' but he did an awful job using the ones he had. He let good players walk which is a horrible use of cap space as an asset, and passed on Watson and Mahomes and true franchise guys because he had NFL confused with NBA where the LBJs and Wembys only go 1. 

You cant field a roster in your second year where 70% of the players are first or second year players with 0 or 1 career win, 35% of your roster wasnt drafted, and everytime you line up, 8 of the 10 best  players are on the other side of the field. This is the NFL. Rutgers tries harder to win and puts up more of a  fight. 

Time is an asset too. In Sashi's two years, we developed zero NFL quality QBs and WRs. The only good offensive players were OL acquired before he came. Basically in 2 years he acquired 1 meaningful NFL player in Myles Garrett.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Just because someone can shoot themselves in the foot doesnt make them a marksman. 

His plan was 'accumulate assets' but he did an awful job using the ones he had. He let good players walk which is a horrible use of cap space as an asset, and passed on Watson and Mahomes and true franchise guys because he had NFL confused with NBA where the LBJs and Wembys only go 1. 

You cant field a roster in your second year where 70% of the players are first or second year players with 0 or 1 career win, 35% of your roster wasnt drafted, and everytime you line up, 8 of the 10 best  players are on the other side of the field. This is the NFL. Rutgers tries harder to win and puts up more of a  fight. 

Time is an asset too. In Sashi's two years, we developed zero NFL quality QBs and WRs. The only good offensive players were OL acquired before he came. Basically in 2 years he acquired 1 meaningful NFL player in Myles Garrett.

Yep, Sashi was a great cap & nameless/faceless asset, draft pick mover kind of guy, but his personnel acumen and acquisition was no better than Ray Farmer before him. 

To his credit (and I don't say that much) Haslam recognized that, and maybe overcorrected a bit the other way with Dorsey.

Berry seems to be a bit of a more happy medium. You're never going to get everything in one package. But I always come back to the same question when the blind Sashi worshippers heap nothing but rose-colored adulation his way: how has his NFL GM career gone since the Brows gig? Surely the second coming of the messiah would be in another GM or Team President seat and have lead a team to the promised land by now...no? No.

4 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Yep, Sashi was a great cap & nameless/faceless asset, draft pick mover kind of guy, but his personnel acumen and acquisition was no better than Ray Farmer before him. 

To his credit (and I don't say that much) Haslam recognized that, and maybe overcorrected a bit the other way with Dorsey.

Berry seems to be a bit of a more happy medium. You're never going to get everything in one package. But I always come back to the same question when the blind Sashi worshippers heap nothing but rose-colored adulation his way: how has his NFL GM career gone since the Brows gig? Surely the second coming of the messiah would be in another GM or Team President seat and have lead a team to the promised land by now...no? No.

He’s running the most helpless and pathetic NBA team right now - the Wizards 

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:
3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

He’s running the most helpless and pathetic NBA team right now - the Wizards 

If you're talking about Sashi Brown, he's the President of the Ravens.

Yeah and I bet the Wizards could beat the Ravens by 40 on the court.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Weird to see one of the best run organizations in the league hire such a moron to run them.

Unless…

I don’t think Sashi is a moron. I think Sashi intentionally built the worst roster in the history of the NFL. He’s a Harvard educated lawyer who knows little to nothing about football and in terms of on field product did nothing but negative things. 

He went from general counsel to General Manager with zero qualifications and decided to lose on purpose. 

I was unaware he left the Wizards but I don’t believe he’s running football decisions for the Ravens, and if they are, good for the Browns 

I do think intentionally failing is stupid

32 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I don’t think Sashi is a moron. I think Sashi intentionally built the worst roster in the history of the NFL. He’s a Harvard educated lawyer who knows little to nothing about football and in terms of on field product did nothing but negative things. 

He went from general counsel to General Manager with zero qualifications and decided to lose on purpose. 

I was unaware he left the Wizards but I don’t believe he’s running football decisions for the Ravens, and if they are, good for the Browns 

I do think intentionally failing is stupid

If we’re being honest we don’t have a clue what he would have or could have done as he was taking a long term approach and was canned after 2 years despite he and podesta making it entirely clear what they were doing to ownership.

You can not like the approach, that’s fine.  I did as I felt they were the first group to actually strip the BS down and start fresh after years of splash FA signings who did nothing but get rich.  Trim the fat, accumulate a ton of draft capital and start building a talent base and focus on value FA signings while you clear dead cap and eventually roll it over to a massive surplus to be used once you’re in your window.  

Sachi inherited one of the most expensive defenses from the 2015 Browns and they were terrible. There is no patch working that defense. 

Karlos Dnasby made splash plays but didn't defend the run. We had some other big heifers on the line. We had Dontae Whitner who sucked AZ. We had some mid pay corners who were old and slow. Remember the speed and bend of Paul Kruger? Neither.