Browns General Discussion

candyman93

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We sorta can this week if Ward plays.  If we get torched though the air by fields we deserve the L.

Blitz his *** to the moon and let the corners win on islands.

Myles is going to have to heal up for that to happen. He’s almost completely disappeared since he got hurt aside from that 2 point conversion sack. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Myles is going to have to heal up for that to happen. He’s almost completely disappeared since he got hurt aside from that 2 point conversion sack. 

I know PFF is whatever, but he was literally our highest grades player 

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/pffs-10-highest-graded-browns-defensive-players-vs-broncos/

If teams wanna double team him and he has little in the way of stats, that’s still a win. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/pffs-10-highest-graded-browns-defensive-players-vs-broncos/

If teams wanna double team him and he has little in the way of stats, that’s still a win. 

Pff is fine but he clearly isn’t the same since he got hurt. He didn’t even register a tackle the previous game. We need him to get to the qb like he was earlier this year. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Shockingly I'm with @sdrawkcab321 on this one lol. It's more about the eye test than PFF numbers and since that injury to his shoulder he isn't having nearly the impact he once did.

Garrett was on pace for 20+ sacks and a easy DPOY. Since his injury he has 3 straight games with 0 sacks and outside of the 2pt conversion last week he hasn't made another notable play in 3 games.

This was a guy who was jumping over the line to block FGs, beating Colts double teams and throwing Trent Williams halfway across the field early in the year. Something not right with his shoulder and it's effecting his ability to use his leverage/strength to shed OTs off him and finish plays.

Not good. I will bet we hear that he is playing with a shredded shoulder and will get surgery the moment the season is over.

Edited by AkronsWitness

How has his pressures been? Getting 1.25 sacks per game is great but losing 1 sack over the course of the game shouldn't be that impactful. I know it's a sexy stat and often a drive killer but maybe this defensive scheme doesn't require drive killers to kill a drive. They can actually force punts now. As long as he still makes the QB uncomfortable he is valuable.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Shockingly I'm with @sdrawkcab321 on this one lol. It's more about the eye test than PFF numbers and since that injury to his shoulder he isn't having nearly the impact he once did.

Garrett was on pace for 20+ sacks and a easy DPOY. Since his injury he has 3 straight games with 0 sacks and outside of the 2pt conversion last week he hasn't made another notable play in 3 games.

This was a guy who was jumping over the line to block FGs, beating Colts double teams and throwing Trent Williams halfway across the field early in the year. Something not right with his shoulder and it's effecting his ability to use his leverage/strength to shed OTs off him and finish plays.

Not good. I will bet we hear that he is playing with a shredded shoulder and will get surgery the moment the season is over.

He’s definitely been impacted by it, I’m not arguing that.  But 80% of Myles Garrett is still better than most dudes and teams still have to scheme for him.

Every chip or double team he gets injured is a free release if he’s sitting out.  

Talk about the eye test all you like, but along the same line of intangibles is a guy who draws attention from opposing offenses and requires game planning.

He’s not 100%, we know this, but he’s battling and helping us win.  That alone warrants fans giving him a pass for a lack of production tbh.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s definitely been impacted by it, I’m not arguing that.  But 80% of Myles Garrett is still better than most dudes and teams still have to scheme for him.

Every chip or double team he gets injured is a free release if he’s sitting out.  

Talk about the eye test all you like, but along the same line of intangibles is a guy who draws attention from opposing offenses and requires game planning.

He’s not 100%, we know this, but he’s battling and helping us win.  That alone warrants fans giving him a pass for a lack of production tbh.  

The problem is we need game wrecking Myles to make this defense works. It’s not elite without him dominating. And without our elite defense we had earlier in the year we have no shot at doing anything in the playoffs. I just think Myles needs to sit a week if that can get him back to normal. We need him at his best. Especially considering we’re barely getting anything out of z and the rest of our line keeps getting hurt.  

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The problem is we need game wrecking Myles to make this defense works. It’s not elite without him dominating. And without our elite defense we had earlier in the year we have no shot at doing anything in the playoffs. I just think Myles needs to sit a week if that can get him back to normal. We need him at his best. Especially considering we’re barely getting anything out of z and the rest of our line keeps getting hurt.  

I thought our defense was pretty close to elite on Sunday.  They gave up some points, but were put in awful spots twice.

I think Ward being out has been just as much of a factor tbh.

What we need is a bye week tbh.  This is the kind of **** that happens when you play for 2 months without a break.  If the NFL wants less injuries they need to add a bye and let these guys recover a bit.

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn't put the cart before the horse. Gotta get to the playoffs to win in the playoffs. If Myles is that important we need him now. That said, if we can get some leads give him some rest.

The Browns have beaten 6 teams over .500 this year, most in the NFL.

They have beaten both Baltimore and San Francisco.

They have won games with 4 different starting quarterbacks.

They have done it without Nick Chubb, they are down their top three OT, they currently have 2 safeties and a pro bowl CB hurt and out.

The ride might be over soon but they are fun to watch and play super hard. I’ve enjoyed watching after Watson got hurt.

Kevin Stefanski is unquestionably the coach of the year and it’s not close in my opinion.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Ward being out has been just as much of a factor tbh.

The importance if this can't be overstated. Ward locking down the #1 WR can give Myles & the d-linemen extra time to get to the QB as he scans the field for other options.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-call-up-defensive-end-to-active-roster-sam-kamara

Im thinking this is their plan.  Hurst is definitely a different dude than Ika.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they want Kamara’s burst inside. 

This would be a creative way to imitate what Hurst brought inside, I can see this working if he plays with his hair on fire like he did in the preseason 

• Like 1