Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Is anyone else like....not concerned about the Pro Bowl like....at all?

I watched Alex Mack score on a play in which literally nobody even attempted to make contact with him. I've never seen such unsightly football in my life. It's a pathetic pointless game that needs to die. 1 guy ever cared about winning in the Pro Bowl (Sean Taylor). It's a dumb game where the players are voted in by dumb fans.

I remember a year in which almost the entire Washington Redskins team was voted in because there were unlimited amounts of votes you could make. Someone (or someones) voted for all the Redskins players like a billion times. It's a joke. The voting is a joke and the game is an even bigger joke.

Maybe I cared more when we were so irrelevant that it was all we had to cling to. Now that we have an NFL roster capable of competing with other NFL teams, I think the Pro Bowl means even less to me.

8 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I watched Alex Mack score on a play in which literally nobody even attempted to make contact with him. I've never seen such unsightly football in my life. It's a pathetic pointless game that needs to die. 1 guy ever cared about winning in the Pro Bowl (Sean Taylor). It's a dumb game where the players are voted in by dumb fans.

I remember a year in which almost the entire Washington Redskins team was voted in because there were unlimited amounts of votes you could make. Someone (or someones) voted for all the Redskins players like a billion times. It's a joke. The voting is a joke and the game is an even bigger joke.

Maybe I cared more when we were so irrelevant that it was all we had to cling to. Now that we have an NFL roster capable of competing with other NFL teams, I think the Pro Bowl means even less to me.

I think it’s more about guys/the team getting their flowers after a great season than the game itself. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

No one cares about the game. It’s just an accolade to add to a players resume to show they were one of the best at their position that year. It helps with contracts and the hall of fame. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It helps with contracts and the hall of fame. 

Yeah I know it does, but that's so stupid is my point. The Pro Bowl should be voted on by a committee of non-idiots. The fact that my wife, who doesn't know what a 1st down is, has just as much say as someone that analyzes every single NFL snap, is insane.

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On the upside having Kamara active should allow for more rest for the starters along the DL.

I hope it is a one week gig for Kamara. He sucks. 

Plays inside and outside I guess. He I see him getting 100% of the snaps.

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I hope it is a one week gig for Kamara. He sucks. 

Plays inside and outside I guess. He I see him getting 100% of the snaps.

Even if he’s on the roster I can’t imagine he’ll be active.

Also, it’s sorta wild to have come to any conclusions about a guy after 37 total snaps lol

• Like 1

With Kamara being elevated we have a spot on the practice squad now. Will be interesting to see who gets added. I think at this point it’s more likely to be a vet who could if needed come in on short notice and add something 

1 minute ago, hornbybrown said:

With Kamara being elevated we have a spot on the practice squad now. Will be interesting to see who gets added. I think at this point it’s more likely to be a vet who could if needed come in on short notice and add something 

Josh Gordon? Joe Thomas? Josh Cribbs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even if he’s on the roster I can’t imagine he’ll be active.

Also, it’s sorta wild to have come to any conclusions about a guy after 37 total snaps lol

I meant for this week he will play a ton. 

He won't and shouldn't play a play off snap.