Browns General Discussion

candyman93

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think Stefanski wants to run an offense similar to Cincinnati’s and I’ve felt that way for awhile.

I think that style of play is analytically friendly and easier to have consistent success with. They don’t turn the ball over and they don’t commit penalties.

We need more explosive WRs because we’re simply just not close to being able to pull that off.

how do we know it's easier to have consistent success with? That offense has a #1 overall pick QB, who turned into a franchise QB, a top5 WR, and one of the best WR corps in the league. thats not easy to recreate. 

Zac taylor is just a part of the shanny coaching tree, they all run a form of it. Kyle learned it from his dad and Gary Kubiak. Stef learned it from kubiak himself. Taylor learned it from Mcvay who learned it from Shanny

We can tell there is a lot of correlations because of Flacco. He fit pretty quickly because his best years with the Ravens, Kubiak was his OC.

When it comes to the committing of penalties, there isnt a scheme that decreases or increases penalties. That comes down to culture and how the coaches coach that aspect.

18 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Not sure why we didn't keep Peters, seems like that would be the natural progression. Guess we'll see about this new guy.

Dickerson is a proven top tier Ol coach. Peter’s was the assistant to the greatest ol coach of all time. I’d trust the guy who actually did the job rather than the guy who helped the guy who did the job. 

• Like 3