Browns General Discussion

candyman93

This would be a great trade imo.

Copper is an underrated stud muffin, but he’s also 30.  Aiyuk is a 26 year old all pro and would give us a #1 for another 4-5 years.

Plus, it would mean AB wouldn’t feel the need to use that 3rd rounder on a WR 😂 

• Like 1

Berry playing 4D chess by restructuring Cooper and then dealing him and absorbing the cap hit that they won’t get back while still having to pay his prorated bonuses this year.

Hopefully they land Aiyuk since nobody in the history of this regime has ever had success drafting any receivers…EVER.

Per Cory Kinnan: “Aiyuk was not happy with either Cleveland or New England as a landing spot and would not sign a new deal if traded to the Browns.”

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Berry playing 4D chess by restructuring Cooper and then dealing him and absorbing the cap hit that they won’t get back while still having to pay his prorated bonuses this year.

Hopefully they land Aiyuk since nobody in the history of this regime has ever had success drafting any receivers…EVER.

Per Cory Kinnan: “Aiyuk was not happy with either Cleveland or New England as a landing spot and would not sign a new deal if traded to the Browns.”

Good, WR is not a need for our team right now, plus he is super immature. I really don't like the dude,he will kill our locker room. Why not go with what we have and focus on JOK. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Aiyuks best move imo is betting on himself and contending another year in SF. It will eventually work out for him and he will get paid big money by the team he actually wants to go to. I’m not high on the New England quarterback situation whatsoever and I’m not high on Watson either. As a Browns fan, I’m happy to see us get good players, but if I were him I would want to hit the market after another year in SF. There’s nothing proven yet for Watson here in Cleveland worth tying himself to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I forgot about the restructuring…. can’t imagine us paying cooper that much AND paying Aiyuk.  

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I forgot about the restructuring…. can’t imagine us paying cooper that much AND paying Aiyuk.  

It has to be someone else because, honestly, if we are paying $7+ million this year and $24+ million next year with a huge dead cap for a guy not on our roster, that’s just absolutely poor management by him, even if it lands a stud like Aiyuk. Paying him, Cooper who isn’t here, and Jeudy with that extension is a LOT of cash.

I have seen other whispers of Newsome and Conklin but they’re PuP and would need activated.

From a trade draft and player capital standpoint, Cooper makes sense because he’s gone next year, but that deal makes it horrific in terms of cap damage, and Aiyuk has veto power and wants paid NOW, the whole reason he wants out in the first place.

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It has to be someone else because, honestly, if we are paying $7+ million this year and $24+ million next year with a huge dead cap for a guy not on our roster, that’s just absolutely poor management by him, even if it lands a stud like Aiyuk. Paying him, Cooper who isn’t here, and Jeudy with that extension is a LOT of cash.

I have seen other whispers of Newsome and Conklin but they’re PuP and would need activated.

From a trade draft and player capital standpoint, Cooper makes sense because he’s gone next year, but that deal makes it horrific in terms of cap damage, and Aiyuk has veto power and wants paid NOW, the whole reason he wants out in the first place.

Unless there’s contract language that would someone allow SF to pay his salary/bonus I can’t help but think Cooper is not an option tbh.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless there’s contract language that would someone allow SF to pay his salary/bonus I can’t help but think Cooper is not an option tbh.

51 minutes ago, DawgX said:

If it's not Cooper then I hope it's Conklin. Getting out of his contract would be nice when we have Dawand Jones.

Every rumor I saw had Cooper and a third contingent upon an Aiyuk approved contract or else some sort of package including Conklin, Newsome, potentially Teller, potentially JOK. If they trade JOK I will go absolutely scorched earth.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Every rumor I saw had Cooper and a third contingent upon an Aiyuk approved contract or else some sort of package including Conklin, Newsome, potentially Teller, potentially JOK. If they trade JOK I will go absolutely scorched earth.

Yeah, including JOK is a hard no for me. I wouldn't even trade him for Aiyuk straight up, let alone give up picks as well. The others I'd be fine with simply because I don't see any of them being here long-term. If anything, SF would be doing us a favor by taking Conklin, but I don't think they'd want him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, including JOK is a hard no for me. I wouldn't even trade him for Aiyuk straight up, let alone give up picks as well. The others I'd be fine with simply because I don't see any of them being here long-term. If anything, SF would be doing us a favor by taking Conklin, but I don't think they'd want him.

Aiyuk for JOK straight up is interesting.  Like, I have zero desire to trade JOK, but being able to get a 26 yo all pro receiver for LB who’s yet to even make a pro bowl is hard to say no to in most cases.

my stance at this point is if we can take advantage of SF’s issue of needing to trade Aiyuk because they already paid Deebo, cool, but I’m not paying full price and then some tbh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Aiyuk for JOK straight up is interesting.  Like, I have zero desire to trade JOK, but being able to get a 26 yo all pro receiver for LB who’s yet to even make a pro bowl is hard to say no to in most cases.

my stance at this point is if we can take advantage of SF’s issue of needing to trade Aiyuk because they already paid Deebo, cool, but I’m not paying full price and then some tbh.

I think finding a great LB is harder than finding a good WR. JOK might have only scratched the surface of his potential last year by finally being utilized correctly.

If they want Conklin or a dude like Newsome or Teller plus a third round pick, I'd be down. I just don't know how interested they'd be in any of those guys.