Browns General Discussion

candyman93

11 hours ago, DawgX said:

If it's not Cooper then I hope it's Conklin. Getting out of his contract would be nice when we have Dawand Jones.

Conklin would be counted a liability not an asset. Dude is made of glass and plays tackle 

We need to pull out of this trade all together...it feel like an OBJ trade.....We will need to lock up JOK and Emmerson in the next couple of years....Garrett has another Contract coming, and so does Ward evntually....Nick Chubb is up after this year also.....IMO we need to keep our draft picks, and keep our currently Constructed SB roster, its time to start building the foundation, so when retirements and contracts hit, we have some foundational pieces in place already. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

We need to pull out of this trade all together...it feel like an OBJ trade.....We will need to lock up JOK and Emmerson in the next couple of years....Garrett has another Contract coming, and so does Ward evntually....Nick Chubb is up after this year also.....IMO we need to keep our draft picks, and keep our currently Constructed SB roster, its time to start building the foundation, so when retirements and contracts hit, we have some foundational pieces in place already. 

Agreed. IMO if Watson is the guy we are paying him to be, it’s up to him to elevate the weapons we already possess while using draft capital to add to it accordingly going forward and we need to keep the defense intact.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Agreed. IMO if Watson is the guy we are paying him to be, it’s up to him to elevate the weapons we already possess while using draft capital to add to it accordingly going forward and we need to keep the defense intact.

And on top of that.....there are 6-8 Wr's that I think will be rated as first round picks next year.....(5 I know for certain/sans injury).....its time to start getting the financial side of the house in order.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Berry and giving up draft picks name a more iconic duo.

Let’s be real, you’d complain regardless. 😂 

”I can’t believe Berry didn’t address the backup center position after Wypler got hurt.  Did he learn nothing from last season?”

Of course when he did the same thing as the Seahawks and traded the higher pick for a player and picks, you didn’t like that either.

Getting a player who’s proven capable and knows the team and who should have a role regardless of Pocic’s health for a 6th/7th swap is an objectively decent move.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s be real, you’d complain regardless. 😂 

”I can’t believe Berry didn’t address the backup center position after Wypler got hurt.  Did he learn nothing from last season?”

Of course when he did the same thing as the Seahawks and traded the higher pick for a player and picks, you didn’t like that either.

Getting a player who’s proven capable and knows the team and who should have a role regardless of Pocic’s health for a 6th/7th swap is an objectively decent move.

You forgot the part where I complained about letting him walk in free agency only to then pay him and trade assets for him.

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You forgot the part where I complained about letting him walk in free agency only to then pay him and trade assets for him.

Name a late rounder AB has gotten good value drafting and I’ll get mad about us trading a later pick. Those picks have been throwaways with him anyhow.

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Name a late rounder AB has gotten good value drafting and I’ll get mad about us trading a later pick. Those picks have been throwaways with him anyhow.

Thankfully he also hit on Jedrick too, it’s a good thing we didn’t get Wirfs, Jefferson, or Lamb instead.