Browns General Discussion

candyman93

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This is true but he’s kinda got an old man game. I think he’s got another 2-3 years. 

Yeah, Cooper's biggest strength is his route running. That'll likely keep him playing at a relatively high level longer than dudes who rely more on speed, strength, etc.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, Cooper's biggest strength is his route running. That'll likely keep him playing at a relatively high level longer than dudes who rely more on speed, strength, etc.

This is true, but like, when it goes it GOES. Every GM would rather be a year early on that than a year late.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is true, but like, when it goes it GOES. Every GM would rather be a year early on that than a year late.

Landry is the perfect example. Pro bowler one year out to the league shortly after. Didn’t even make it to 30. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

bummer. The goat is done. Cancer sucks. 

Ugh I just can’t even. Poor guy was an absolute legend and was stuck with having to watch and call putrid football. Him and Doug Deacon were fantastic, I loved their never ending optimism.

Rooting for you Jim! 

• Like 1

Hello Browns Fans Everywhere:

Well the regular season is finally here! Can you imagine the atmosphere inside Browns Stadium when the Cowboys and Browns kick it off? It will be electric. It will be epic.

Unfortunately, I will not be calling the game on the Browns Radio Network. I have called my last Browns game and that’s why I’m writing to you. As many of you know I have been dealing with cancer for many years. I’ve gone through every treatment imaginable. But my cancer is a defiant opponent and has returned and very aggressively. This will require me to devote everything I have in me to continue the fight and my family and I are committed to doing that.

I have called Browns games for 25 years. Not a day has gone by when I haven’t paused and been so proud to be “The Voice of the Browns.” Cheryl, Meghan and I thank you for all the love, support and prayers during my rough patches. It’s like having a huge family around us. And that’s what makes the Cleveland Browns so special. You do.

Now let’s get those Cowboys and make this ’24-’25 season a great one! I’ll be watching and listening. Here We Go Brownies…Here We Go!

It’s been an honor,

Jim Donovan

Ugh I’m gutted

• Like 2

This sucks. I hate getting ahead of myself because I really hope he recovers and has many years ahead but this is just a reminder to me of the many people I have known before who have faithfully supported the Browns but have not lived to see their pinnacle of success. Get well Jim.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

This sucks. I hate getting ahead of myself because I really hope he recovers and has many years ahead but this is just a reminder to me of the many people I have known before who have faithfully supported the Browns but have not lived to see their pinnacle of success. Get well Jim.

Yeah if anyone deserves to see a Browns championship it’s Jim, but there will be so many others as well

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It reminds me of the late great long time voice of the Bills Van Miller. When they redid the game losing Norwood kick in the Super Bowl in “the four falls of Buffalo” at the end and you heard him go “It’s gooooood!!!!”…

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/12/15/10205676/fairy-tale-ending-for-buffalo-bills-30-for-30-explained

7x22 GIF

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

“The Browns used 11 personnel on 68% of plays in 2023, their highest in four seasons under Stefanski. From 2020 to 2022, the Browns used 11 personnel on 47% of plays, sixth lowest in that span.”

Why we really need another WR besides Cooper and Jeudy.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

“The Browns used 11 personnel on 68% of plays in 2023, their highest in four seasons under Stefanski. From 2020 to 2022, the Browns used 11 personnel on 47% of plays, sixth lowest in that span.”

Why we really need another WR besides Cooper and Jeudy.

We have Njoku who is one of the better hybrid TE weapons in the league though. Between our receivers and tight end, our weapons are better than most. I’m not saying I wouldn’t take another guy, but I think we have bigger fish to fry.